U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2017, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
64,180 posts, read 71,023,429 times
Reputation: 33015

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestForkGrant View Post
Alright. Difference in perspective I guess. Not old, but I'd rather have peace withoutB a POA or a neighbor right next to me by the time I get to that age.
the POA, yes they exist and can be both good and bad, but you would be surprised at how far apart house can be from one another in both BV and HSV. We have no houses behind us, both side there are 2 tree lined lots and across the street is all trees, no houses for 2 blocks. It is this way in most of BV or much of it anyway. I have a feeling you have never even driven though the community or through HSV. Again, you have no idea how you are going to feel as you get closer to retirement age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2017, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,264 posts, read 729,480 times
Reputation: 2723
Some people just prefer one or the other. I live on 40 acres and most of the people in this area have lots of land and NO neighbors. Many of them are older, the two people who live on the same ridge as me are 65 and 70 and own 40-100 acres. It is more work but for some it's worth it.

I could definitely see the benefit of living in a place like Bella Vista also, especially in older age. It's pretty and well kept with low crime.

It's all about preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 05:43 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
51 posts, read 14,147 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Come back and talk to us when you get old.
Why? Is my opinion not welcome?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:23 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
51 posts, read 14,147 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
the POA, yes they exist and can be both good and bad, but you would be surprised at how far apart house can be from one another in both BV and HSV. We have no houses behind us, both side there are 2 tree lined lots and across the street is all trees, no houses for 2 blocks. It is this way in most of BV or much of it anyway. I have a feeling you have never even driven though the community or through HSV. Again, you have no idea how you are going to feel as you get closer to retirement age.
Been to Bella Vista quite a few times actually. And all over NWA. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on it. If you have to be a certain age to express a viewpoint on a neighborhood, please let me know. I was just surprised at the disproportionately high interest level in these 2 areas compared to the rest of the state.

Maybe this board is just a lot "older" than me. Most of the "pro's" for these 2 communities in this thread can be experienced in a lot of the rural parts of the state. Unless you're looking for a ton of golfing options, living on the outskirts of town/county provide most of the same standards of living. I would welcome people outside the state looking to retire in AR to look at other towns off the beaten path when you get here. Drive down 71 or AR Hwy 7 or out on AR Hwy 74 and you can find isolated lots, just as many trees, and not everyone is in a trailer.

Again, I know I'm young so it's easy to be skeptical of what I think. Even you had to be reminded where Johnson was located in the Johnson development thread, so just remember age doesn't mean everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 08:20 PM
 
4,123 posts, read 5,163,748 times
Reputation: 5360
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestForkGrant View Post
Why? Is my opinion not welcome?
No. It's just that we were discussing retirement villages and you were saying, "I don't understand why...." and I'm just sayin' you may understand why when you get old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
64,180 posts, read 71,023,429 times
Reputation: 33015
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestForkGrant View Post
Been to Bella Vista quite a few times actually. And all over NWA. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on it. If you have to be a certain age to express a viewpoint on a neighborhood, please let me know. I was just surprised at the disproportionately high interest level in these 2 areas compared to the rest of the state.

Maybe this board is just a lot "older" than me. Most of the "pro's" for these 2 communities in this thread can be experienced in a lot of the rural parts of the state. Unless you're looking for a ton of golfing options, living on the outskirts of town/county provide most of the same standards of living. I would welcome people outside the state looking to retire in AR to look at other towns off the beaten path when you get here. Drive down 71 or AR Hwy 7 or out on AR Hwy 74 and you can find isolated lots, just as many trees, and not everyone is in a trailer.

Again, I know I'm young so it's easy to be skeptical of what I think. Even you had to be reminded where Johnson was located in the Johnson development thread, so just remember age doesn't mean everything
wow personal insults and all. I am giving my view and you are giving yours, but the difference, I see both sides. Our granddaughter and husband lived in West Fork when they were first married but decided to move to a more family friendly atmosphere when they decided to have children. Our other granddauther and husband live in Bella Vista, by choice. They wanted a family friendly community for their 3 little girls. BV and I think HSV are not all retired people. I think HSV probably % wise has a few more retired.

As for being skeptical, that certainly isn't me. I pay attention to what my grandkids think and say all the time and I admire their views on most things. Right now our POA has a committee forming to study the changing demographics of the community. There is more to most small towns here than just Golf. I think your attitude shows how little you do know about life outside of your world.

Just remember, what works for one doesn't work for another and try to keep an open mind.

BTW: what do you mean about when you mention many trees, isolated lots and not everyone living in trailers? Wow, that is a pretty strong comment wouldn't you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 11:46 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
51 posts, read 14,147 times
Reputation: 118
I never insulted you. Don't say things that aren't true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
64,180 posts, read 71,023,429 times
Reputation: 33015
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow personal insults and all. I am giving my view and you are giving yours, but the difference, I see both sides. Our granddaughter and husband lived in West Fork when they were first married but decided to move to a more family friendly atmosphere when they decided to have children. Our other granddauther and husband live in Bella Vista, by choice. They wanted a family friendly community for their 3 little girls. BV and I think HSV are not all retired people. I think HSV probably % wise has a few more retired.

As for being skeptical, that certainly isn't me. I pay attention to what my grandkids think and say all the time and I admire their views on most things. Right now our POA has a committee forming to study the changing demographics of the community. There is more to most small towns here than just Golf. I think your attitude shows how little you do know about life outside of your world.

Just remember, what works for one doesn't work for another and try to keep an open mind.

BTW: what do you mean about when you mention many trees, isolated lots and not everyone living in trailers? Wow, that is a pretty strong comment wouldn't you say?
you may want to answer or explain some of your comments, but regardless, this is a conversation that is going nowhere fast. You have your ideas and opinions, I have mine. I think I will just go and watch my Dodgers on TV and look forward to the Hogs season starting in 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 04:41 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
51 posts, read 14,147 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you may want to answer or explain some of your comments, but regardless, this is a conversation that is going nowhere fast. You have your ideas and opinions, I have mine. I think I will just go and watch my Dodgers on TV and look forward to the Hogs season starting in 2 weeks.
I think my comment about trailers was misunderstood. I don't have anything against trailers. It was a response to the comment someone made about how sometimes unsightly trailers are place up against your property if you don't have a POA for protection. I understand that concern.

Luckily there are lots of great homes and lots out there.

I think you're right that we should probably take a break from this topic and let things cool off. It's easy for misunderstandings when people text or are just reading words on a screen (without the context that you get in a real face to face conversation). I apologize if you feel I was insulting anyone personally because that wasn't the intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top