U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 PM

12 posts, read 1,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcountryer View Post
Thanks, I'll look into those areas.

I'm a postal worker and can find work basically anywhere, but it would be much easier and faster for me to transfer to somewhere where I could drive to a town of ~5-10k.

I brought up the thread because I could possible accept a position in Harrison, but I'm also looking into the possibility of other areas in Arkansas or Missouri for the future.
I live close to Harrison. Harrison could use a real postal worker...but it is a rotten place to live. kkk and skinheads live real close to there. And they prefer people to be white. We didn't know that till after we moved here. They even have it on billboards.

Now Mountain Home is a very nice quiet place to live. People are moving there. The people are pretty nice for the most part. And your money will go a long way there. There ARE parcels of land that you are looking for that would be very nice.
It is less populated than the Fayetteville area. N.W. Arkansas is all blending into one long area of towns. There are some areas you do not go into if you want to be safe. Sure they have some really good doctors there. That's about the only place in Arkansas that does besides Little Rock. Otherwise, you go to Branson or Springfield Missouri.
If you are a diabetic, I would go for Missouri. The hospitals are great there.

Last edited by 1Desertrose; 10-27-2017 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 09:35 PM

12 posts, read 1,784 times
I would check out Hollister, Branson, Springfield and Ridgedale Missouri for starters. Go to realtors.com and check out the prices. They would be very helpful to you. Good luck!

Last edited by 1Desertrose; 10-27-2017 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: info

Old 10-28-2017, 08:11 AM

71 posts, read 53,123 times
I recommend visiting Harrison if you are thinking about moving there. We did and found it to be a nice medium size town. We saw no sign of skin heads or KKK but who knows, A-holes live everywhere. There are plenty in Missouri as well as every other state.

Visit and soul search to decide if you are cut out for small town living as it is very different from an urban or suburban life.
If you like outdoor activity and are willing to put up with the wildlife, Ar is one of the best states, especially central to northern AR.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:06 PM

26 posts, read 6,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Desertrose View Post
I live close to Harrison. Harrison could use a real postal worker...but it is a rotten place to live. kkk and skinheads live real close to there. And they prefer people to be white. We didn't know that till after we moved here. They even have it on billboards.
. . . . N.W. Arkansas is all blending into one long area of towns. There are some areas you do not go into if you want to be safe.
What do they say on those billboards?
What areas do you not want to go into?
Thanks.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:27 PM

263 posts, read 105,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanii View Post
What do they say on those billboards?
What areas do you not want to go into?
Thanks.

Don't know what area's the other poster was referring to, but it seems the kkk has made a home in Harrison. Sad, it looks like a nice town otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6UsxScYUPg

Old 10-31-2017, 06:02 AM

65,018 posts, read 72,724,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
Don't know what area's the other poster was referring to, but it seems the kkk has made a home in Harrison. Sad, it looks like a nice town otherwise.

from what I have heard and seen KKK is really not much of an issue in Harrison anymore. Remember what you see on YTube doesn't tell an entire story.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:39 AM

1,297 posts, read 777,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post

It is a nice town. It has low crime, is clean, and is surrounded by ozarks and tons of outdoor activities. The whole KKK things is so overblown and as far as I know, the signs are now gone. There are some black people who live in Harrison that would probably back what I say about it being a nice safe, small town. I live about an hour from there but I do work there and it's where I go to do most shopping.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:56 AM

65,018 posts, read 72,724,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
It is a nice town. It has low crime, is clean, and is surrounded by ozarks and tons of outdoor activities. The whole KKK things is so overblown and as far as I know, the signs are now gone. There are some black people who live in Harrison that would probably back what I say about it being a nice safe, small town. I live about an hour from there but I do work there and it's where I go to do most shopping.
this is why I always say. don't believe what you read or see on UTube. I believe the signs came down a long time ago. Obviously the gal doing the interview had a long ago picture and tied it to the interview.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:07 PM

71 posts, read 53,123 times
DW and I visited Harrison this past May. I saw no such signs, nor was I mugged by nazis or skinheads. However, I am careful around Confederate flags and statues now-a-days as it seems they have been attacking lotsa folks lately.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:10 PM

263 posts, read 105,347 times
Good to hear that the video doesn't represent Harrison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas