U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 11:13 PM

472 posts, read 225,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltrain View Post
I did not really want responses form people who did not understand the process. First off the 72 hours means that the people who have the contingency on their home selling most likely do not have cash to buy the home. This means they have 72 hours to get a loan and if you knew what you were talking about you would know just to get the house appraised will take a week or two. I can close in two weeks and that is because of the title company. Second Cash is king in that I am not tagged to a bank that needs to jump through hoops such as appraisals and surveys and all the other things that take a couple of months to go through. Good god this site is full of such BSers.
I am quite certain I understand the process. I am a licensed Realtor in 2 states since 1993 and have sold over 400 houses and personally bought and sold over 200 houses, paying cash for many of them. Now I will admit that I have never bought in Arkansas yet (am in escrow now) that is why I said the contingency likely means...

Many times buyers want to sell their homes 1st but don't necessarily have to to buy the next home and will remove their contingency when pressured to do so, which means you won't get the house if they are able to perform.

You are right that cash buyers don't need financing which eliminates a big hurdle when selling your home. Unfortunately the cash offers often come with attitudes like yours.

Too bad you are starting off on such a bad note as this site is full of lots of good, helpful, friendly people with widespread knowledge about much of NWA.

Sorry you didn't get the answer that you wanted.

Last edited by Slytrix; 08-25-2017 at 11:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 05:32 AM

64,189 posts, read 71,072,043 times
Quote:
I did not really want responses form people who did not understand the process. First off the 72 hours means that the people who have the contingency on their home selling most likely do not have cash to buy the home. This means they have 72 hours to get a loan and if you knew what you were talking about you would know just to get the house appraised will take a week or two. I can close in two weeks and that is because of the title company. Second Cash is king in that I am not tagged to a bank that needs to jump through hoops such as appraisals and surveys and all the other things that take a couple of months to go through. Good god this site is full of such BSers.
One of the people who responded to your comment is a realtor, I am sure she does understand. Let me also add, as some know property in BV, if desirable and priced right is selling almost before it hits the market. We have friends that bid on a house the day it came on the market, they did not get it. The home sold for $12,000 over the list price. The second house they bid on, the deal did go through, but it too was multiple offers. Unless the house you want is over priced to start with, the seller is going to take the best offer. The days of worrying about qualifying and appraisals seem to be over, compared to when I was in real estate. 40 years ago what you say may have been an issue. Today, it doesn't seem to be. Escrows here, with all the steps you mentioned doesn't take over a few weeks. if you want the house, go in, at least full price, otherwise find another one.

You may want to calm down a little. As I said, one person on here is a realtor, she does understand and I am a retired one.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2017, 06:16 AM

10 posts, read 1,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
One of the people who responded to your comment is a realtor, I am sure she does understand. Let me also add, as some know property in BV, if desirable and priced right is selling almost before it hits the market. We have friends that bid on a house the day it came on the market, they did not get it. The home sold for $12,000 over the list price. The second house they bid on, the deal did go through, but it too was multiple offers. Unless the house you want is over priced to start with, the seller is going to take the best offer. The days of worrying about qualifying and appraisals seem to be over, compared to when I was in real estate. 40 years ago what you say may have been an issue. Today, it doesn't seem to be. Escrows here, with all the steps you mentioned doesn't take over a few weeks. if you want the house, go in, at least full price, otherwise find another one.

You may want to calm down a little. As I said, one person on here is a realtor, she does understand and I am a retired one.

Good luck!!!!!!!
I read this BS story you posted several times before on this site. Bla bla bla. I see many homes if not priced right be reduced in price. Any home any where priced "right " will sell fast. That is just the way it is. Bank owned homes many times will be priced under value and the bank will take offers for a month and then take the highest bid over starting. Its all smoke and mirrors and in the end its a game. You play to win and get the best deal you can for yourself. Its not some charity you are saving kittens from euthanasia. You are like that old man how tells you the same old story every time you see him.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:41 AM

My wife has been in escrow for 30 years. I have had a RE license and cash matters a lot to a seller. They love it. Cash is still king. Agents love it because you have removed all the pit falls of a mortgage.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:53 AM

BTW last home I bought was also cash and I got it after someone had an offer in that was higher. The seller took my offer because its golden and he knew it was as always a risk on dealing with a bank.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:19 AM

1,263 posts, read 730,987 times
Quote:
My wife has been in escrow for 30 years. I have had a RE license and cash matters a lot to a seller. They love it. Cash is still king. Agents love it because you have removed all the pit falls of a mortgage.
Really? Yet, neither of you knew what binding with escape clause meant and you came to an online forum to ask about how to offer. Interesting.

Last edited by Hollynla; 08-26-2017 at 07:54 AM..

Old 08-26-2017, 09:25 AM

472 posts, read 225,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Really? Yet, neither of you knew what binding with escape clause meant and you came to an online forum to ask about how to offer. Interesting.
Right? Unless it was just a troll to begin wirh.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
I read this BS story you posted several times before on this site. Bla bla bla. I see many homes if not priced right be reduced in price. Any home any where priced "right " will sell fast. That is just the way it is. Bank owned homes many times will be priced under value and the bank will take offers for a month and then take the highest bid over starting. Its all smoke and mirrors and in the end its a game. You play to win and get the best deal you can for yourself. Its not some charity you are saving kittens from euthanasia. You are like that old man how tells you the same old story every time you see him.
Holy crap, you sure have a great attitude. What I have said about property selling overnight is priced right in 100% true if it is under $200,000. No this has not always been the case, but it has in the past couple of years. But you go right ahead and believe what you want. You asked us a question, we are trying to give you an honest answer. Obviously you really just came on line to rant and to insult everyone that is disagreeing with you, even real Estate agents. Good luck, I am glad there are no houses on our street for sale.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
Right? Unless it was just a troll to begin wirh.
thinking Troll!!! Why else would he be posting about BV under AR, instead of NWA for starters. It is like he doesn't even know where NWA is.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:54 AM

4,645 posts, read 3,972,170 times
He's one of those Shark Tank - ers. Just think of the woman with the big teeth and greedy smile, then you'll be on track here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas