U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:04 PM
Status: "Middle-aged at 60" (set 19 days ago)
 
177 posts, read 125,934 times
Reputation: 233

Advertisements

Sub's Quote: I personally don't expect too much from government, by the way, I just expect what I entrust them to do to be done well..

My experiential take is different regarding government. Coming from Illinois, I trust the Government to screw up everything they touch. Been that way for the past 20 years in Illinois, maybe longer as I didn't always use to pay attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2018, 10:20 AM
sub
 
522 posts, read 278,979 times
Reputation: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Sub's Quote: I personally don't expect too much from government, by the way, I just expect what I entrust them to do to be done well..

My experiential take is different regarding government. Coming from Illinois, I trust the Government to screw up everything they touch. Been that way for the past 20 years in Illinois, maybe longer as I didn't always use to pay attention.
Illinois is a mess. Growing up in Arkansas, I feel the same way about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Status: "Middle-aged at 60" (set 19 days ago)
 
177 posts, read 125,934 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Illinois is a mess. Growing up in Arkansas, I feel the same way about it.
Sometimes it's just time for a change. There are a bunch of new adventures out there just waiting for you to pick one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2018, 03:22 PM
 
230 posts, read 173,354 times
Reputation: 110
Been in Little Rock for just over a year. Absolutely hate it. Not going to get political about it but just the variety of businesses, the overall energy, and infrastructure just sucks. Haven’t been up to the Fayetteville area yet but I heard it’s alittle better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2018, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,821 posts, read 1,137,299 times
Reputation: 3604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
Been in Little Rock for just over a year. Absolutely hate it. Not going to get political about it but just the variety of businesses, the overall energy, and infrastructure just sucks. Havenít been up to the Fayetteville area yet but I heard itís alittle better.
Sorry you're not happy there, but many would agree with you. Little Rock is nothing like NWA or north central Arkansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2018, 06:45 AM
sub
 
522 posts, read 278,979 times
Reputation: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
Been in Little Rock for just over a year. Absolutely hate it. Not going to get political about it but just the variety of businesses, the overall energy, and infrastructure just sucks. Havenít been up to the Fayetteville area yet but I heard itís alittle better.
It is different, but nothing special.
Little Rock is definitely more city-like in both good and bad ways.
I like it better than NWA's hodgepodge layout and general dullness. A bit lower crime rate is the only major advantage for the northwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,797 posts, read 80,210,433 times
Reputation: 39227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
Been in Little Rock for just over a year. Absolutely hate it. Not going to get political about it but just the variety of businesses, the overall energy, and infrastructure just sucks. Havenít been up to the Fayetteville area yet but I heard itís alittle better.
from our experience NWA is not just a little better, it is 100% better. This isn't knocking Little Rock I might add. We have friends from CA that may soon be moving there. Their daughter just got married and is not living in Little Rock. When our friends visited they fell in love with the area. Even though both wife and husband have lived almost their entire life in So. Ca. and are past middle age, they are ready to make AR their home during their Autumn years. I think the move would have come sooner but wife only retired from teaching a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2018, 12:45 AM
 
36 posts, read 20,250 times
Reputation: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
So you've considered it without ever visiting the area and are getting your ideas about it from this thread?

If so, you should try Chicago.
Although I had spent time in Arkansas, primarily in Little Rock, but also in Eureka Springs, and I've driven from the north to the south of the state. I was doing online research at the time I wrote that post, to learn more about the state as I had never considered moving there. Since then, I've spent several more weeks in different times of the year in different parts of the state to learn more and experience it in person. I've really enjoyed the places I've been in Arkansas, and I will be back at Thanksgiving and Christmas for what I hope will be more fun and pleasure in exploring there. I'm really looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2018, 07:04 PM
 
9,864 posts, read 7,794,886 times
Reputation: 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanii View Post
Although I had spent time in Arkansas, primarily in Little Rock, but also in Eureka Springs, and I've driven from the north to the south of the state. I was doing online research at the time I wrote that post, to learn more about the state as I had never considered moving there. Since then, I've spent several more weeks in different times of the year in different parts of the state to learn more and experience it in person. I've really enjoyed the places I've been in Arkansas, and I will be back at Thanksgiving and Christmas for what I hope will be more fun and pleasure in exploring there. I'm really looking forward to it.
Nice post!

Which clearly illustrates that often, attitude is everything. Glad you enjoyed your time in Arkansas and hope your holidays will be happy. I have many fond memories of childhood Christmases in Arkansas with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins...good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2018, 05:35 PM
 
91 posts, read 35,302 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeKing5 View Post
I was wondering have you decided to move out of Arkansas? I was in Fayetteville for two years and decided to move to Michigan. No offense but Arkansas isn't exactly the most progressive of states.
I think that is also why many people choose to live there I have family that live there or want to for that exact reason. Also I would think parts of the state can be more progressive I live in idaho and a few of our cities like boise can be fairly progressive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top