U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 02:33 PM

65,018 posts, read 72,711,274 times

Advertisements

Most of you who are on these boards very often know I am a strong supporter of our local businesses and try to remain positive, but something happened today that just blew me away. My approach has always been talk to the management first and try to solve any problems. This didn't work today.

I will try and keep this brief: 2 weeks ago today I purchased 3 type of seafood at Blu fish. I got salmon, mussels and shrimp. We ate the salmon that night and froze the rest. Yesterday I decided to have pasta topped with mussels for dinner. All would have been fine until I started dishing up the steamed mussels. To my shock, most did not open and the ones that did, had no meat in them. I decided, because I had spent almost $10 for them I would return them explaining what happened.

I walked into to market and asked the young man working there if he could get me a manager. He did and within a few seconds out comes the guy who sold me the fish to begin with. I politely explained to him what had happened. He asked if I wanted my money back as I returned them in the same package I had purchased them in? BTW, he also let me know they would not return my money if that is what I wanted. I assumed him, no I just wanted to purchase something in the place of the mussels. Because he spoke broken English and seemed to have trouble understanding what I was trying to explain to him added insult to injury. Anyway after a few minutes he said he would talk to a manager. I guess he got demoted cause I thought he was the manager. He came back, told me I should have returned them immediately so he could do nothing. When I finally made him understand I had just fixed them the night before he said that was my problem; mussels can not be frozen and have to be eaten the day they are purchased. I let him know and not too nicely I was raised on both coasts and know how to fix mussels. Knowing very well you can buy them frozen he told me, I didn't understand, these mussels were from Nova Scotia and they raise a different kind of mussels. To me, it was bad enough they wouldn't stand behind their product but to insult my intelligence added insult to injury again. When I asked to speak to his boss, he told me she was out for lunch. I guess she was leaving for lunch when he spoke with her 2 minutes earlier.Now I have finished my rant, I will not return to the store and Sam's now has our seafood purchase which is a lot. We are huge seafood but we don't eat all we purchase that same day. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas