U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 05:47 AM

68,712 posts, read 78,749,924 times

Advertisements

We actually did see one panhandler while out shopping yesterday as cold as it was. I didn't see anyone throwing money at him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 10:36 AM

2,020 posts, read 586,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We actually did see one panhandler while out shopping yesterday as cold as it was. I didn't see anyone throwing money at him.
If they did give him money, would that count as cold cash?

Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 PM

1,762 posts, read 1,069,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
If they did give him money, would that count as cold cash?
And if he accepted it, would it be frozen assets?

Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
And if he accepted it, would it be frozen assets?
both of you are full of it today and in a good way..

Old 12-09-2017, 04:29 PM

167 posts, read 116,315 times
Quote:
both of you are full of it today and in a good way..
I'll bet his asset was frozen

Old 12-09-2017, 04:53 PM

12,038 posts, read 3,947,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Most people working for min wage or even close do not expect this to be their only source of income. As for cost of housing, NWA has a lower cost of living than where you live I am assuming. Here there are many apartments for a lot less than $900 a month. BTW, many working for WalMart make a lot more than $9 an hour. Those starting jobs, as you said yourself are not meant to support a person or family, they are starting points for young people and a way to offer seniors a few extra bucks for fun things in their lives. Also keep in mind, stores like Walmart hire employees who would have trouble getting jobs anywhere else. By Walmart hiring them it keeps them off the welfare rolls and gives them a little self respect.

Nicely said, nmrita. I am glad that Wal*Mart does this and that they hire handicapped people. Everyone who wants to work should get that chance. It's actually really refreshing to see, because, as most of you know, there's plenty of sleazeballs who want things to be just given to them without having to work for them. And scads and scads of them want Uncle Sam or their state government to pay their way in life. Not a good situation - dishonesty is never an option for...anything.
workers getting a fair shot is not being a sleazeball. Its common sense that government should not only represent the big money campaign contributors (like Wal-Mart corporation) but also the working stiffs of America and handicapped people (people born disabled who cant work get only $700 a month to survive on, which is appalling). We need to start taking better care of our citizens and not only take care of Wall Street, big oil and the big pharma and insurance corporations.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
workers getting a fair shot is not being a sleazeball. Its common sense that government should not only represent the big money campaign contributors (like Wal-Mart corporation) but also the working stiffs of America and handicapped people (people born disabled who cant work get only $700 a month to survive on, which is appalling). We need to start taking better care of our citizens and not only take care of Wall Street, big oil and the big pharma and insurance corporations.
We do take good care of our citizens, but there is a difference between good care and giving the store away to lazy people or people who have no work ethics. Why do you think so many people from other countries want to come to America, legally or otherwise if they do not see a better life here?

Old 12-10-2017, 05:01 AM

2,020 posts, read 586,431 times
Quote:
We do take good care of our citizens, but there is a difference between good care and giving the store away to lazy people or people who have no work ethics. Why do you think so many people from other countries want to come to America, legally or otherwise if they do not see a better life here?
To believe some of our detractors, you would have to also believe that all of those lifeboats were people clamoring to get onto the Titanic, as it sat beside the iceberg.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:20 PM

12,038 posts, read 3,947,419 times
Quote:
Nope, people who are born disabled and can never work are not lazy people. They are human beings. Do you think $700 a month is to "give the store away"? I find it disgraceful. Same with how working stiffs are treated.

Just because lots of people from corrupt third world countries want to come to America doesnt mean we shouldnt take good care of our citizens.

Its time to stop grovelling Wall Street and big insurance and start putting the American people first.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nope, people who are born disabled and can never work are not lazy people. They are human beings. Do you think $700 a month is to "give the store away"? I find it disgraceful. Same with how working stiffs are treated.

Just because lots of people from corrupt third world countries want to come to America doesnt mean we shouldnt take good care of our citizens.

Its time to stop grovelling Wall Street and big insurance and start putting the American people first.
did I ever say people who are truly disabled do not deserve our help, whether is it from private charities or the government? Of course I didn't. What I said if you took time to read and comprehend what I am saying was too many people are just too lazy to work or have a history of thinking they are entitled to help. If you can show me where I even indicated disabled do not need our help please show me!!!! Oh and let me add one more thing, people living on $700 a month also are receiving a lot more in government assistance. I do not resent this at all, I do think though you need to understand that $700 is just a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or