Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,212 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 07:36 PM

340 posts, read 516,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhen220 View Post
That's good info. My husband wanted to go further north, I'd like to stay central & south AR for time constraints. Would love to find lodging in Hot Springs, but I know I'm so last minute!
Try one of the rental agencies in the Village. We had a family reunion last year and I was surprised that you could stay in a townhouse in the village cheaper than a motel in some cases.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:25 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
My husband and I are going to Hot Springs next week to celebrate our anniversary and see the lakes. So glad to hear we haven't missed the fall foliage!

Old 11-03-2017, 11:03 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
Try one of the rental agencies in the Village. We had a family reunion last year and I was surprised that you could stay in a townhouse in the village cheaper than a motel in some cases.
That's true. We stayed at a condo on the lake (no longer a rental) for 85 a night a couple of years ago. 2 bedrooms, a Hollywood bath with sink and toilet on each side, and another half bath downstairs! Washer and dryer, kitchen utensils, etc. It was great.

They fill up pretty quickly, though, and she may not find one on such short notice.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:15 AM

Beautiful pictures, Jim. I really, really want to go back to HSV some time and just drive and explore just the Village the whole time we're there. Last time we had the "kids" and they wanted to go hiking and up the tower and stuff we did when we took them there as children, and they had no interest in the Village except for liking staying there...they loved the condo.

We got up early one morning and drove DeSoto from one end to the other, but that was all we had time for. I wanted to get into the neighborhoods and find some of the little houses that were for sale, etc.

I would also like to explore around Lake Ouachita some more. What a beautiful lake!

Old 11-03-2017, 12:14 PM

340 posts, read 516,133 times
When you come back, find the observation deck (extreme north side of the village). And check out some of the lakes and walking trails.

The colors seem to be even more vibrant today.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:18 PM

490 posts, read 1,266,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

We are past peak here in Newton County. Colors are still very orange/yellow but much of the leaves are falling off the trees especially with recent windy weather.
We are coming up there next week for a few days, hopefully there will still be some color left but if not it's still beautiful. As JN1 showed the colors in HSV are pretty much peaking now, the hickorys and sweet gums are particularly colorful and some oaks are starting to turn.

The pics are looking from my patio towards Granada golf course and down my street.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0722.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	4.11 MB
ID:	192018

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0724.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	4.42 MB
ID:	192019

Last edited by btoverdrive; 11-03-2017 at 04:37 PM..

Old 11-03-2017, 04:49 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
We are coming up there next week for a few days, hopefully there will still be some color left but if not it's still beautiful. As JN1 showed the colors in HSV are pretty much peaking now, the hickorys and sweet gums are particularly colorful and some oaks are starting to turn.

The pics are looking from my patio towards Granada golf course and down my street.

Attachment 192018

Attachment 192019
Pics are beautiful!

Today was the day when all the remaining leaves turned quickly to a bright orange. It's beautiful, or at least what we can see through the fog, lol. These will fall quickly but you'll still see some color. We are beginning to swim in leaves outside.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
When you come back, find the observation deck (extreme north side of the village). And check out some of the lakes and walking trails.
Yes, I wanted to find the observation deck and walk some trails. We walked every morning right around the lake at the condo (Castellon Courts) but I really wanted to explore more trails!

Old 11-03-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
I really love how everything is so neat and clean in Hot Springs Village. That's the main reason I think I would like living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas