U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 07:22 AM

340 posts, read 833,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Yes, I wanted to find the observation deck and walk some trails. We walked every morning right around the lake at the condo (Castellon Courts) but I really wanted to explore more trails!
The observation deck is easy to find, just head east on Desoto until you get to Minorca (it's the street at the bottom of the roller coaster hill about halfway across the village). Turn left on Minorca and go to Jarandilla Dr. Turn right on Jarandilla and follow to the top of the mountain until you come to a sharp curve to the left, the entrance to the observation deck is there. Be careful turning as that curve is blind and very sharp.

If you want to walk a beautiful trail, go back to Minorca and turn left towards Desoto. Stay on Minorca across Desoto until you come to the Cedar Creek trail. Parking is on the left just across from the village sanitation offices. I think it is the prettiest trail in the village.

Here is a link to the lookout and the trail that has some pics you can see.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...77!4d-92.94101

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ce...!4d-92.9475412

Last edited by btoverdrive; 11-04-2017 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: add link
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 10:37 AM

4,402 posts, read 5,398,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
If you want to walk a beautiful trail, go back...until you come to the Cedar Creek trail.

Thanks for the links, I enjoyed that. I'm stuck here at home because of budget constraints and don't know when I'll be able to make a trip again, and I miss the woods of Arkansas so much. We were in Jasper in the spring and it was so wonderful. I would go 3 times a year if I could....early spring, early summer, and fall.

The Cedar Creek trail is the very one I had picked out to try first! I love a trail along a flowing creek.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:53 PM

65,030 posts, read 72,921,290 times
We were out this morning and the colors were absolutely lovely. Our yard is a mixture of red, orange, yellow and green, but the wind is not picking up, the colors have pretty well peaked so I am afraid in a day or so the fall color season will be wining down here.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:26 PM

1,305 posts, read 783,920 times
Here are a few around my house from today. The reds here are already gone but there are still some reds showing down in Jasper. This is the result of a sudden turn of the leaves that are still remaining in the tree. I expect in a week, they'll all be on the ground.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:36 PM

591 posts, read 290,609 times
That is really pretty.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:54 PM

249 posts, read 229,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
The observation deck is easy to find, just head east on Desoto until you get to Minorca (it's the street at the bottom of the roller coaster hill about halfway across the village). Turn left on Minorca and go to Jarandilla Dr. Turn right on Jarandilla and follow to the top of the mountain until you come to a sharp curve to the left, the entrance to the observation deck is there. Be careful turning as that curve is blind and very sharp.

If you want to walk a beautiful trail, go back to Minorca and turn left towards Desoto. Stay on Minorca across Desoto until you come to the Cedar Creek trail. Parking is on the left just across from the village sanitation offices. I think it is the prettiest trail in the village.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...77!4d-92.94101

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ce...!4d-92.9475412
Thatís our favorite trail too.

Old Today, 06:08 PM

249 posts, read 229,673 times
Drove to Fayetteville today. The leaves up there, in the Boston Mountains, are pretty much gone now.

But ... there is still quite a bit of color along Highway 7 between Jessieville and Ola. I took the scenic route home, Hwy 22. Passing by the south side of Mount Magazine, the whole Mountain was lit up in fall colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas