U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-31-2017, 03:24 PM
 
132 posts, read 293,643 times
Reputation: 42

Advertisements

Okay everyone, looking for some personal fall foliage reports for the West Central & Southern regions. I get the official reports but tell me about where you're at. Traveling this weekend 11/4/17. Thank you!
Also recommend the best place to stay in those regions for Saturday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2017, 03:07 PM
 
Location: The Natural State
972 posts, read 957,301 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhen220 View Post
Okay everyone, looking for some personal fall foliage reports for the West Central & Southern regions. I get the official reports but tell me about where you're at. Traveling this weekend 11/4/17. Thank you!
Also recommend the best place to stay in those regions for Saturday night.

If you stay at the Queen Wilhelmina State Park Lodge you will be on top of the mountain looking down on it. Quite a view and the Vistas along Talimena Scenic Drive are now cleaned up and will give you more/different views. Enjoy. And welcome to my world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2017, 04:32 PM
 
132 posts, read 293,643 times
Reputation: 42
Thank you. The pictures are amazing! Are the leaves turning now? We're hoping to see some peak colors as we were too early last year. We would love to come explore your world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2017, 10:37 PM
 
Location: The Natural State
972 posts, read 957,301 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhen220 View Post
Thank you. The pictures are amazing! Are the leaves turning now? We're hoping to see some peak colors as we were too early last year. We would love to come explore your world.

I haven't been up there but at that elevation I think they will be on their way to peak, but that's just a WAG on my part. I hope, if you make the drive, you will hit it just right. Weather - when I was working in the mountains I always took the positive attitude. If there was a predicted 40% chance of rain, I'd say 'yes, but that's a 60% chance of no rain'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2017, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR
249 posts, read 229,673 times
Reputation: 245
I decided to take a few pics around here this morning. It's still cloudy and overcast, but I think you'll be able to see where the colors are at.

All of these pics were taken this morning, within a mile or so of our house in Hot Springs Village.

The first two are here right around the house. We live out on the woods and one is taken from the front porch, the other taken from around the side of the house.





There are a lot of pines here, so some areas are still mostly green



But there are a lot of nice fall colors













Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2017, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,305 posts, read 783,920 times
Reputation: 2789
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

We are past peak here in Newton County. Colors are still very orange/yellow but much of the leaves are falling off the trees especially with recent windy weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2017, 01:07 PM
 
132 posts, read 293,643 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

We are past peak here in Newton County. Colors are still very orange/yellow but much of the leaves are falling off the trees especially with recent windy weather.

That's good info. My husband wanted to go further north, I'd like to stay central & south AR for time constraints. Would love to find lodging in Hot Springs, but I know I'm so last minute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2017, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
65,030 posts, read 72,921,290 times
Reputation: 33882
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhen220 View Post
That's good info. My husband wanted to go further north, I'd like to stay central & south AR for time constraints. Would love to find lodging in Hot Springs, but I know I'm so last minute!
you can probably still find decent lodging at a decent price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2017, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
65,030 posts, read 72,921,290 times
Reputation: 33882
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
I decided to take a few pics around here this morning. It's still cloudy and overcast, but I think you'll be able to see where the colors are at.

All of these pics were taken this morning, within a mile or so of our house in Hot Springs Village.

The first two are here right around the house. We live out on the woods and one is taken from the front porch, the other taken from around the side of the house.





There are a lot of pines here, so some areas are still mostly green



But there are a lot of nice fall colors












great pictures. Here in NWA we are just about at our peak, or is it peek? I think you are a few days behind us. We have a lot of reds, yellows and oranges. Each day it is a little different but soon the wind will come in and everything will be gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2017, 02:55 PM
 
132 posts, read 293,643 times
Reputation: 42
Thank you Jim, beautiful. So you're in Hot Springs Village? We'd rather have a view of trees than of a lake so I'm thinking the Village is a better bet than Hot Springs proper?? Even with the overcast, the colors come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top