U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 12:22 PM

138 posts, read 127,914 times

Advertisements

Looking into the Mountain Home area and would like to get some insight. We've lived in a smaller town atmosphere before and like it. Are the hospital and medical facilities acceptable to you? Are your daily shopping needs to your satisfaction? Are there certain areas for housing you would prefer? Ideally we'd like to be out in the country within a 20-30 minute drive to town. Do you find this doable? Any help along these lines would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 01:46 PM

71 posts, read 52,530 times
We are looking at North AR like you. Really like the Yellville area but are taking a 2nd look closer to MH for the Med facilities, shopping, etc.

My 1st pass thru, I didn't care for MH too much as it seemed to be poorly laid out. Once we got over that, MH has most of what one needs and you can live rural within a few miles.

We have taken a liking to north Arkansas for sure. We are rural type folk but as we age, common sense dictates we might want to be closer in to the med facilities. But then tomorrow we might say the heck with common sense.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:30 AM

67 posts, read 8,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarboy View Post
Looking into the Mountain Home area and would like to get some insight. We've lived in a smaller town atmosphere before and like it. Are the hospital and medical facilities acceptable to you? Are your daily shopping needs to your satisfaction? Are there certain areas for housing you would prefer? Ideally we'd like to be out in the country within a 20-30 minute drive to town. Do you find this doable? Any help along these lines would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
All the things you are looking for are in Mountain Home. It's very EZ to way out in the country and be 20-30 minutes from town. If possible rent a home for a month or so and check Mountain out. You may also want to look into Lake view It's a nice area and about 30 minutes from MH.

Enjoy

Old 11-06-2017, 08:33 AM
sub

161 posts, read 83,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
We are looking at North AR like you. Really like the Yellville area but are taking a 2nd look closer to MH for the Med facilities, shopping, etc.

My 1st pass thru, I didn't care for MH too much as it seemed to be poorly laid out. Once we got over that, MH has most of what one needs and you can live rural within a few miles.

We have taken a liking to north Arkansas for sure. We are rural type folk but as we age, common sense dictates we might want to be closer in to the med facilities. But then tomorrow we might say the heck with common sense.
The poorly laid out part is what I don't like about it. Very badly zoned and built. Otherwise, Mountain Home has a fair amount of amenities due to it's isolation and it is just big enough to support a few basic services.
The countryside around the area is too crowded and...... cluttered for my taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas