U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 03:28 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,124,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
We got back yesterday from a long weekend in the area and Hollynia is right, the Buffalo is very low. We did some river hiking though and hiked to Pedestal Rock and Kings Bluff. The sunsets last Thursday and Friday nights were stunning. I just love it up there and glad I'm only a couple of hours away.

Friday

Attachment 192357
Wow! That's all I can say - WOW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 05:20 PM

167 posts, read 112,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
We got back yesterday from a long weekend in the area and Hollynia is right, the Buffalo is very low. We did some river hiking though and hiked to Pedestal Rock and Kings Bluff. The sunsets last Thursday and Friday nights were stunning. I just love it up there and glad I'm only a couple of hours away.

Friday

Attachment 192357
Any leaf color remaining bt?

Old 11-16-2017, 05:57 AM

360 posts, read 879,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Any leaf color remaining bt?
It was about 2 weeks past prime but there was still a little left. The red sumac and some sweet gums were still colorful but that area is beautiful even with no leaves .

Old 11-22-2017, 05:17 AM

The "Turkey"Trip to Yellville begins.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:05 PM

We just got back from our "Turkey Day" long weekend outing in North AR. Had a great stay in Yellville at Silver run. Visited the "Rush" district on the buffalo to see the mining town ruins. Visited Eureka Springs down town Friday and it was a total zoo. Fortunately the weather was fantastic. I got me a new leather hat. I saw about 10 motorcycles at in the downtown area. None were biker gang type. Mostly old riders out for a final joy ride for the year.

we passed thru Berryville which looks like a very clean, booming town. We also passed thru Harrison which was too big for my liking. A nice looking town, but just too big. I saw no sign of the KKK or any other hate group in Harrison. Didn't see any aliens either.

We had a great Saturday outing on the White tail-water off of Bull Shoals. Caught our limit of Rainbow trout and ate fried fish last night.

Sorry for the brief synopsis. I'm kinda tired after the 9 hour drive home.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:04 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,124,402 times
Quote:
We just got back from our "Turkey Day" long weekend outing in North AR. Had a great stay in Yellville at Silver run. Visited the "Rush" district on the buffalo to see the mining town ruins. Visited Eureka Springs down town Friday and it was a total zoo. Fortunately the weather was fantastic. I got me a new leather hat. I saw about 10 motorcycles at in the downtown area. None were biker gang type. Mostly old riders out for a final joy ride for the year.

we passed thru Berryville which looks like a very clean, booming town. We also passed thru Harrison which was too big for my liking. A nice looking town, but just too big. I saw no sign of the KKK or any other hate group in Harrison. Didn't see any aliens either.

We had a great Saturday outing on the White tail-water off of Bull Shoals. Caught our limit of Rainbow trout and ate fried fish last night.

I'm really happy y'all had a good trip. And just think; Y'all didn't even scratch the surface of The Natural State.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:15 AM

68,164 posts, read 78,046,674 times
Quote:

love your reports, it is almost like travel log. Keep them coming. As for motorcycles, you will see them all over AR and you are right, they are not tough, over the top bikers. heck our pastor has a gorgeous one he drives a lot more than his car.

Oh, I am so disappointed you didn't see those awful KKK folks in their sheets all over the place. I think they only come out at night. Sorry couldn't resist. They are really such a "not thing" anymore. I think they are down to only a few hundred members nationwide.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:16 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,028,756 times
Quote:

Sounds like a great trip. I live near Hwy 7 and we have a lot of bikers during tourist season but it's exactly like you said, slow riding older groups who are sight seeing. I've had many stay in my vacation rental and never had a problem.

Yep, Harrison is our "larger" town around that many of us small town'ers go to for bigger shopping. Population a whopping 12K, which is big city up here. I go there about once a week and have never encountered KKK either.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:11 AM

4,728 posts, read 5,999,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
And just think; Y'all didn't even scratch the surface of The Natural State.
^^^This. Literally.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
^^^This. Literally.
Hey, I've been to Toad Suck Arkansas. I think that counts as scratching the surface by default.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas