Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 04:51 AM

383 posts, read 399,557 times

Advertisements

As time draws close to Thanksgiving week, I think about gratitude and thankfulness for life and all that has been endowed to me by my Creator. I ponder the thought of empty nesting as we are on the edge of this next season and I feel sympathy for DW who longs to hold on to the current season. This thread is a continuation of my original thread (similar name). I want to get back to discussing the adventure of AR.

We will be dragging three generations with us on our "Turkey" trip to AR. We are draggin all the fixins with us to big cabin south of Yellville which will serve as our home base for the extended weekend. We have plans to float the Buff (weather permitting), fish the White (the heck with the weather), drive to see Beaver Lake and let the ladies shop ES.

My 1st hope is that Grandpa realizes we ain't so bad to hang with and he might consider making the next move with us.
My 2nd hope is that DW learns to love AR a little more.
My third hope is that some of the offspring might take a liking to AR and consider making a move as well.
My final hope is that we catch our limits on the White River and feast on trout Saturday night .

One week and two days till we pack up the vehicles and head southwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 05:29 AM

827 posts, read 658,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
As time draws close to Thanksgiving week, I think about gratitude and thankfulness for life and all that has been endowed to me by my Creator. I ponder the thought of empty nesting as we are on the edge of this next season and I feel sympathy for DW who longs to hold on to the current season. This thread is a continuation of my original thread (similar name). I want to get back to discussing the adventure of AR.

We will be dragging three generations with us on our "Turkey" trip to AR. We are draggin all the fixins with us to big cabin south of Yellville which will serve as our home base for the extended weekend. We have plans to float the Buff (weather permitting), fish the White (the heck with the weather), drive to see Beaver Lake and let the ladies shop ES.

My 1st hope is that Grandpa realizes we ain't so bad to hang with and he might consider making the next move with us.
My 2nd hope is that DW learns to love AR a little more.
My third hope is that some of the offspring might take a liking to AR and consider making a move as well.
My final hope is that we catch our limits on the White River and feast on trout Saturday night .

One week and two days till we pack up the vehicles and head southwest.
Right now in Cherokee Village 6:30am it's 23. Hope the weather holds out for you.

Happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:08 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Quote:
We have plans to float the Buff (weather permitting),
I hope no one falls out of the canoe!

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 11-11-2017, 11:44 AM

1,221 posts, read 1,901,895 times
Welcome to The Natural State for an exploration visit. I hope everyone is impressed enough to come back to stay. Stay safe, and enjoy.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:54 PM

23 is a tad chilly. If we get anywhere near 50 degrees, the young ones will float. Especially the photographer. I hope there will still be some color.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:54 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Quote:
23 is a tad chilly. If we get anywhere near 50 degrees, the young ones will float. Especially the photographer. I hope there will still be some color.
You'd be doing more dragging than floating, but I still wouldn't attempt it without a full wet suit. There isn't much water in the Buffalo. I know here in Newton County, the popular thing right now is riding your horse down the river (since you can truly "walk" most of the river).

Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 PM

I hear ya Hollynla. I exchanged emails with Buff Float Service two days ago. Aaron said they were still floating the lower Buffalo, but it is getting more difficult. I guess we could hike the Buffalo instead. There has to be a hundred miles of trails I have printed off and organized in a binder. SIL is a professional photographer. He is gonna be in heaven.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:52 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Quote:
SIL is a professional photographer. He is gonna be in heaven.
Boy, is he!

Old 11-14-2017, 06:41 AM

490 posts, read 1,265,236 times
Quote:
I hear ya Hollynla. I exchanged emails with Buff Float Service two days ago. Aaron said they were still floating the lower Buffalo, but it is getting more difficult. I guess we could hike the Buffalo instead. There has to be a hundred miles of trails I have printed off and organized in a binder. SIL is a professional photographer. He is gonna be in heaven.
We got back yesterday from a long weekend in the area and Hollynia is right, the Buffalo is very low. We did some river hiking though and hiked to Pedestal Rock and Kings Bluff. The sunsets last Thursday and Friday nights were stunning. I just love it up there and glad I'm only a couple of hours away.

Friday

3rd trip into Arkansas in search of retirement haven-20171110_172126_1510616310342_001.jpg

Last edited by btoverdrive; 11-14-2017 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas