U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 10:50 AM

6 posts, read 752 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

New to the forum. We are considering a move back to the US after six years here in Ecuador. We live the outdoors, fishing, mountain biking, etc etc. I have lived in Alaska, Minnesota, and Idaho but have always been intrigued by Arkansas although I have never visited. The areas west and north of Little Rock look very nice and real estate seems like a good value. We would want to live in the country with at least a couple of acres and some privacy. Can anyone on here recommend some of the nicer towns in the surrounding area and also areas that we should steer clear of? I am interested in starting up an aquaponics operation to sell fresh, organic produce and fish at the farmers market in LR. My wife would probably commute to LR for work and we also have two teenage sons that might attend High School if the schools are good. Otherwise they would continue distance study, which is what they do now. So how about it, best areas outside LR to live in the country given all these considerations. Thank you in advance and I look forward to your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 08:56 PM

981 posts, read 963,577 times
Hey, welcome to The Natural State. Many of us who Post here promote our favorite part of the state so I'll jump in, maybe first. Around Hot Springs is right in the middle of the pleasure things you like to do and it is about a 45 minute commute to L.R., depending on which side of town you settle. The school system on the west side of town has a great reputation. Oops, the name just jumped the track - Lake Hamilton?. But morning and afternoon commute is a They have two hospitals and lots of doctors.

Malvern, Pop 10,000, where we moved from after 45 years is 30 minutes south of H.S. and 45 minutes west of L.R. just off I-30. We only moved to get closer to our Docs now that it is getting more important. It's an easy commute and you'd probably have a better chance of getting the property you would like to have. The schools are about average. They have a good hospital and good selection of doctors. You would be only a little farther from the things you like to do.

And I think most of us will suggest that you pick a few possibilities then visit, if possible, at different times of the year. Good luck. Please keep us posted because we all like to hear what people think of our great state.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:09 AM

4 posts, read 606 times
I love to live in Cammack Village. This is a nice place to live with family or even live single. Follow this for more information about Cammack Village: [url]https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/cammack-village-pulaski-ar/#report-card[/url]

Old 11-23-2017, 08:09 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,300,832 times
Quote:
We live the outdoors, fishing, mountain biking, etc etc.
Northern Arkansas would be the place for you. Check out North Central Arkansas and you'll have more than enough fishing and hiking to do. When you start heading to North West Arkansas, you'll find more hiking but less fishing. Some day I hope to fish Beaver Lake, but now I live really far away from it .

I'm not too sure about being around Little Rock. I've visited Hot Springs, but it's definitely more of a tourist town.

Quote:
but have always been intrigued by Arkansas although I have never visited.
It's definitely worth the visit! I randomly moved here and knew nothing about this state, I definitely love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas