U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:20 AM

359 posts, read 869,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Hmmm? They don't sell cupcakes. Now I'm really curious. But each show usually will show more than one location, maybe the goliath was at a different one.
It did not give the establishment name, only that he was going to the Ozark Mountains to tackle the Goliath, a cupcake equal to 22 regular sized cupcakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 10:25 AM

359 posts, read 869,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Maybe he ran by the Blue Mountain Bakery also and they decided to keep that segment instead of the one on the Ozark Cafe.
I found it, the place is in Rogers. Maybe they will still do something with Jasper. I have never seen the new Man vs Food so do not know how the show is done.

Kirby's Kupcakes' Goliath Cupcake Challenge - FoodChallenges.com - FoodChallenges.com

Old 01-27-2018, 05:37 PM

1,550 posts, read 958,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
I found it, the place is in Rogers. Maybe they will still do something with Jasper. I have never seen the new Man vs Food so do not know how the show is done.

Kirby's Kupcakes' Goliath Cupcake Challenge - FoodChallenges.com - FoodChallenges.com
The show usually features multiple places. I'm thinking they are not doing an actual food challenge at the Ozark but we'll see. The goliath cupcake sounds good though.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:58 AM

67,330 posts, read 77,045,879 times
Quote:
The show usually features multiple places. I'm thinking they are not doing an actual food challenge at the Ozark but we'll see. The goliath cupcake sounds good though.
checked the info on TV yesterday, it looks like it will just as you said, we are all set to watch it tonight.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed1 View Post
While we do get lots of vacationers passing through the area or even staying for a few days, I don't think there will ever be a big influx of people moving in. The main reason is there isn't much employment within decent driving distance, so unless you work for yourself,
From my post on page 1:

Quote:
While we do get lots of vacationers passing through the area or even staying for a few days, I don't think there will ever be a big influx of people moving in. The main reason is there isn't much employment within decent driving distance, so unless you work for yourself, it's not a good location for many. Secondly, there are so many who *think* they want to live remote and secluded until the realtor (me) takes them to properties that are remote and secluded. Then they change their mind and move to Vegas.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:26 PM

67,330 posts, read 77,045,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed1 View Post
While we do get lots of vacationers passing through the area or even staying for a few days, I don't think there will ever be a big influx of people moving in. The main reason is there isn't much employment within decent driving distance, so unless you work for yourself,
I am just a bit confused; you just posted your first post, you refer to the area as if you live there but your zip code has nothing to do with AR and doesn't even exist in the USA. What does your post have to do with the program featuring a restaurant in Jasper?

Old 01-29-2018, 01:31 PM

Can't wait to see the show tonight. Me and my son ate at the Ozark cafe Saturday and they were very busy, which isn't typical for January. Food was great as always. I"m curious to see about the other places they stopped at in the ozarks and this goliath cupcake.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:33 PM

The show opened up with him in Jasper at Scenic Point and told a little of the history of the Ozark cafe, even showed the front of it with horse drawn carriages. We recognized a lot of locals that he talked with inside and the manager Russ cooked his hamburger. I've never heard of the volcano, don't even remember seeing it on the menu but I don't eat cheeseburgers so I may not have paid any attention to it. My son worked there for a while and he also has never seen that one. But the show was great, that second place on the Missouri side Billie Mae's looked good too and then the Goliath.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:59 PM

123 posts, read 117,577 times
Didn't catch (or they didn't throw) the town name of the second segment, I thought part of the video showed café name as Billy Gail's. UPDATE, thanks to google, located in Branson, Mo.

Last edited by edmiii; 01-29-2018 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 01-29-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmiii View Post
Didn't catch (or they didn't throw) the town name of the second segment, I thought part of the video showed café name as Billy Gail's. UPDATE, thanks to google, located in Branson, Mo.
I was trying to google the location of that one too but I was thinking it was Billy Mae's so I wasn't coming up with anything. Their breakfasts looked gooooood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or