U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 07:16 AM

15 posts, read 6,219 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My family and I consider moving to NW Arkansas. However we are a bit concerned about the roads - we are wondering if they might be small / narrow and winding due to the mountains?
We recently went to East Tennessee, near Knoxville and did not enjoy the small winding roads. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!

PS: We consider the area near Bentonville / Rogers / Bella Vista.

Last edited by Waylon69; 12-23-2017 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Additional information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 09:04 AM

68,824 posts, read 78,933,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylon69 View Post
Hello!
My family and I consider moving to NW Arkansas. However we are a bit concerned about the roads - we are wondering if they might be small / narrow and winding due to the mountains?
We recently went to East Tennessee, near Knoxville and did not enjoy the small winding roads. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!

PS: We consider the area near Bentonville / Rogers / Bella Vista.
Bentonville and Rogers are not as windy as Bella Vista,but even with the windy roads every city has a major highway that is relatively or completely straight. The biggest problem with the roads in cities like Bella Vista is the traffic can be a bit slow, but otherwise we have no more accidents than any city and the beauty of this area in accentuated by the winding roads. I have to be honest, there are times when they drive me nuts. Most of the time they do not bother me one bit.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:15 AM

10,383 posts, read 11,509,941 times
Have you visited there? The roads are fine, paved and everything.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:18 AM

Thank you so much for this information. We currently live in Iowa and don't have to deal with winding roads. That's why we are wondering. In the Knoxville area that we visited almost all roads in residential areas were very small and winding. So we were worried about NWA too.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:06 AM

210 posts, read 80,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Have you visited there? The roads are fine, paved and everything.
Yes and we even have indoor flush toilets.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:39 AM

68,824 posts, read 78,933,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylon69 View Post
Thank you so much for this information. We currently live in Iowa and don't have to deal with winding roads. That's why we are wondering. In the Knoxville area that we visited almost all roads in residential areas were very small and winding. So we were worried about NWA too.
let's just say, there are a hell of a lot of people from Iowa living here. We go to a very large church and a think 25% of out members are from Iowa.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:55 AM

168 posts, read 117,170 times
I recommend you visit. It is a short drive from Iowa (relatively speaking). Take a 3 day trip and fall in love with the natural splendor. We have driven much of North Arkansas and find the roads windy, many are gravel. Allot depends on whether you will be city folk or country folk. All the main roads near urban areas are nicely paved. For us, the windy roads mean to add 10-20% extra time for travel over what you are used to. At this point in my life, slowing down seems to be a good idea. Time to enjoy the creation rather than blaze thru it.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:43 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,077,566 times
In the area you are asking about, Rogers/Bentonville, BV, I think you'll be fine. There are more winding mountain roads as you get nearer to the mountains, but not near the areas you are asking.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:54 PM

Thanks a lot - very helpful. We will visit!

Old 12-23-2017, 05:01 PM

775 posts, read 546,807 times
Depends on where you're going ... East of Fayetteville there are lots of windy / hilly roads out in the country ... great for sport bike and Porsche / Ferrari owners looking for a nice ride/drive.

Going from major city to major city there are freeways and of course most city streets in the bigger cities are normal city streets. Many if not all of the major streets and smaller two lane highways are on Google maps maps / Street View, so you can zoom in and look around and even drop the yellow man on the roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or