U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 06:25 AM

155 posts, read 93,513 times

Advertisements

I awoke to minus 20.2 degrees F in central Illinois. Some of my thermopane windows are so frosted I can't see thru them. To think I was fishing on the White river in a light jacket just over a month ago. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 08:09 AM

1,482 posts, read 909,914 times
No thank you, this is plenty cold enough for me.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:19 AM

66,791 posts, read 76,116,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
No thank you, this is plenty cold enough for me.
us too: I love winter, I don't mind snow. In fact I like a little wintery mix, it is so pretty and just a nice feeling, but when it is like what we are experiencing now: OMG. We are having our daughter and her hubby over for prime rib later today so I had to venture to the garage to get some potatoes. That was as far as I am going today. My indoor plants in the sun room need watering; I hope they don't die cause they are getting no water til, at least tomorrow..

Old 01-01-2018, 12:15 PM

5,652 posts, read 7,048,447 times
My ideal climate would be two weeks of winter with some snow for variety, then a month of summer with the rest split 2 to 1 in fall and spring weather. Perfect climate for a golfer at least lol

Old 01-02-2018, 08:12 AM

1,531 posts, read 400,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
My ideal climate would be two weeks of winter with some snow for variety, then a month of summer with the rest split 2 to 1 in fall and spring weather. Perfect climate for a golfer at least lol
Would you be in plano TX?

Just make sure you get at least 15-20 days of never getting above 50 degrees, to kill off the Brazilian Fire Ants.

In Central Texas this year, for the first time, we will make it to 15 days below 55 degrees, which should have an impact on their numbers, but won't completely kill them off.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:52 AM

2,213 posts, read 1,378,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
I awoke to minus 20.2 degrees F in central Illinois. Some of my thermopane windows are so frosted I can't see thru them. To think I was fishing on the White river in a light jacket just over a month ago. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Yeah, my mother in Wisconsin is getting some crazy weather right now. The wind chill has mostly been hovering around -30 all of last week. Looks like they'll be barely breaking single digits this week (without wind chill).

Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
us too: I love winter, I don't mind snow. In fact I like a little wintery mix, it is so pretty and just a nice feeling,
Why are you in Arkansas?

Old 01-02-2018, 09:03 AM

66,791 posts, read 76,116,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Why are you in Arkansas?
and why not? We do have very little snow most years, cold but not frigid winters, beautiful springs and falls, so what doesn't make that pretty livable. As for summers, they beat Texas by a lot.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:08 AM

1,482 posts, read 909,914 times
Quote:
and why not? We do have very little snow most years, cold but not frigid winters, beautiful springs and falls, so what doesn't make that pretty livable. As for summers, they beat Texas by a lot.
Arkansas has perfect winters, you get just enough snow to enjoy it but it doesn't become a nuisance, you get very cold nights but it doesn't stay that way for long, and you get to move onto Spring once you're sick of winter.

4 true seasons is a big factor for many people.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. I hate Winter since I've lived in the north for almost my entire life, so hearing people say they love Winter when they live in the south is funny to me. The 2015 and 2016 Winters were by far the most perfect Winters I've ever experienced.. 40 - 70 degrees on a near daily basis in North Central Arkansas.. I was loving it.

Aside from cold Winters, this state has nearly the perfect 4 seasons anyone could want. I'm a Summer person, for obvious reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or