U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:32 AM

183 posts, read 98,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Good friend of mine got broken into twice in the same week, then a month later again. Their are business that gets rob daily just about. The town is the toilet bowl of the state. Its like the mini-me of Chicago.
Surely, it's just the ghetto ones? like those around the Cherry St and East Harding Ave area? Hopefully, the badness is contained into certain areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
sub

483 posts, read 244,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
I thought Chicago took turns with New Orleans being the murder capital. I've never been, but don't let regentrification fool you... I was turned off when I read about the crime AND that Walgreens racism scandal. Phew ! I won't write the WHOLE city off, but I definitely will never "visit" it alone.
I'm up there about once a month on average. It's not that bad... overall. I like most of the city and its suburbs better than probably 50% of all other U.S. cities. Corrupt politics being it's biggest drawback. New Orleans and St. Louis freak me out worse.
If you can handle Pine Bluff, you're probably tougher than you think.
I think it's good though. The only thing worse than the crime is the neglect of a city after the crime sets in.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:28 PM

Default Politik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I'm up there about once a month on average. It's not that bad... overall. I like most of the city and its suburbs better than probably 50% of all other U.S. cities. Corrupt politics being it's biggest drawback. New Orleans and St. Louis freak me out worse.
If you can handle Pine Bluff, you're probably tougher than you think.
I think it's good though. The only thing worse than the crime is the neglect of a city after the crime sets in.
Cool. I like your attitude. Yes, New Orleans was quite an educational experience when I was a tad younger... Call the cops and you have time to go out and have a sit-down meal before they actually arrive. Atrocious ! lol But, you wanna know what I noticed of Pine Bluff? The roads are smoother...way smoother than down here in Baton Rouge...or South Louisiana in general. St Louis WAS on my list of places to check out when it came to real estate, by the way. I got the "inside scoop" when my Ol' Saturn caught fire down there on the I-55 last June.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess the only thing that can be said at this stage is: you made your decision, you came here to ask what we thought (after the fact) so now it is simply good luck and hope it works our for you. I will remodeling can be fun, but that is about all there is to say in this case. Just remember as you just said, there are a lo of foreclosures. And a small flour mill isn't going to attract that many jobs.
Bless you! It's the support of others that make me want to strive extra hard to make things perfect

Old 01-09-2018, 04:37 PM

1,760 posts, read 1,067,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
Bless you! It's the support of others that make me want to strive extra hard to make things perfect
And yet you've made numerous postings here on CD (on other state/location forums) about other cities and towns being "slums" and telling others to avoid those cities, and not to move or visit there. All this while saying you just bought a house in Pine Bluff AR. Doesn't add up.

I also see that some other forums are starting to notice some things not quite right about your postings and are also calling you out.

Last edited by Hollynla; 01-09-2018 at 04:53 PM..

Old 01-09-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
And yet you've made numerous postings here on CD (on other state/location forums) about other cities and towns being "slums" and telling others to avoid those cities, and not to move or visit there. All this while saying you just bought a house in Pine Bluff AR. Doesn't add up.

I also see that some other forums are starting to notice some things not quite right about your postings and are also calling you out.
"I'm" not being called out for anything. Two people were mistaken about who is who on a post. It's the internet, where people are distrustful because there are people out there that abuse sites and stir people up. Have you been to Pine bluff? There are worst-looking places. I've SEEN them, which is why it makes perfect sense why I would be curious about why a place was bashed so badly if it doesn't exactly "look the part." There are a number of homes that are derelict, but the city infrastructure isn't anywhere near the worst I've seen. I can post wherever I choose. Policing my commentary on other forums can get you nowhere. If you're looking for a troublemaker, imposter, or weirdo, look elsewhere. I'm the real McCoy. I've explored MANY STATES while Iiving in CA and am exploring even more while living in Louisiana and have enjoyed reading about places I have visited. I find it fascinating how you make all of these assertions,yet ask no questions. What exactly makes you so sure of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas