Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 04:14 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times

Advertisements

It is not elite, but it's easy to see how you got that impression off these forums. They really play up Fayetteville, NWA and even the Ozarks in general, but really it is a matter of NWA being a thriving area of an otherwise lower-income state.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:19 AM

183 posts, read 243,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Hmmm, ok. I don't live in NWA myself but if I had to move anywhere in Arkansas, it would not be southern (mostly southeastern) Arkansas and that doesn't mean I'm "elite".
OK. The region doesn't have anything you like?

Old 01-08-2018, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
It is not elite, but it's easy to see how you got that impression off these forums. They really play up Fayetteville, NWA and even the Ozarks in general, but really it is a matter of NWA being a thriving area of an otherwise lower-income state.
That totally makes sense ! I guess it's the same as Texas playing up Austin and Orange County playing up Huntington Beach...the Ozarks are "nice" but I'm a Rockies kind of guy...

Old 01-08-2018, 05:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
That totally makes sense ! I guess it's the same as Texas playing up Austin and Orange County playing up Huntington Beach...the Ozarks are "nice" but I'm a Rockies kind of guy...
what does being a rockie's kind of guy compared to the Ozarks have to do with how elitist NWA is or is not.

I also do not understand where you get the idea people in OC look up to those in Huntington Beach more than other parts of the county. It is interesting, you seem to be turning your original question about buying a home in Pine Bluff into a political or social discussion.

If you have not been to NWA no one is going to be able to tell you why it is different from some parts of our great state. Elitist turn their nose down on people who are not in their same class to put it simply. This is not the case with those living in NWA who, btw, are mostly from other parts of the country and world. It is by far the most diversified region in the state.

So east AR, as everyone knows is filled with poverty, but this doesn't mean the people are any different than people living in any small town here or any other state. They love and hate, cry and laugh, have to learn to deal with life, want what is best for their family, but they are still uneducated and suffering from lack of jobs.
Every state has sections of the state that people would rather not live in.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:40 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,651,149 times
Quote:
OK. The region doesn't have anything you like?
What does areas of the state that being more desirable than others have to do with being elite or not? Like Nita said, it seems you are trying to make this into a social discussion. Seems you have an agenda.

Certain parts of the state are more desirable than others, some aren't. It has nothing to do with being elite or not. You are the only one making such a claim.

Last edited by Hollynla; 01-08-2018 at 05:50 AM..

Old 01-09-2018, 11:19 AM

Default Why is Nita important

Quote:
What does areas of the state that being more desirable than others have to do with being elite or not? Like Nita said, it seems you are trying to make this into a social discussion. Seems you have an agenda.

Certain parts of the state are more desirable than others, some aren't. It has nothing to do with being elite or not. You are the only one making such a claim.
Agenda? Then PLEEEASE tell me what my agenda is? It is a social thing, because i like to know. Even one of the commenters on here clearly indicates that they can understand why I got that vibe from these forums. Where there is smoke there is fire...sooo, instead of bashing me, try to understand. Nita is obviously a paranoid quack. (excuse my language) Would you listen if she told you to jump off a bridge?

My question has been answered...and in case you lost sight of what it was:
I wanted to understand WHY the capital, Little Rock doesn't get the same praise from visitors and residents but NWA/Fayetteville does.
I wanted to know what kind of money lives there. I was advised about it being working class and primarily prosperous due to the growth of the great corporations that are there.

I'm not sure why it is so incomprehensible that the atmosphere of a milieu is in fact, significant. When I lived in Austin (2008-2009,) as a teen and (2010-2011) as an adult, I noticed it was very elitist and many would agree with me on that. Every "region" has it's "Austin," and I just wanted to be sure that that wasn't what Fayetteville/NWA is. I like down-to-earth places that have great cultural (including hospitality) treasures to offer WITHOUT all the snobbery.

Please tell me why you feel the need to attack me...

Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what does being a rockie's kind of guy compared to the Ozarks have to do with how elitist NWA is or is not.

I also do not understand where you get the idea people in OC look up to those in Huntington Beach more than other parts of the county. It is interesting, you seem to be turning your original question about buying a home in Pine Bluff into a political or social discussion.

If you have not been to NWA no one is going to be able to tell you why it is different from some parts of our great state. Elitist turn their nose down on people who are not in their same class to put it simply. This is not the case with those living in NWA who, btw, are mostly from other parts of the country and world. It is by far the most diversified region in the state.

So east AR, as everyone knows is filled with poverty, but this doesn't mean the people are any different than people living in any small town here or any other state. They love and hate, cry and laugh, have to learn to deal with life, want what is best for their family, but they are still uneducated and suffering from lack of jobs.
Every state has sections of the state that people would rather not live in.

Were you off some kind of meds when you wrote this, ma'am? Please calm down. Thanks for answering my question, BUT trolling me to criitcize my curiousity gets nobody ANYWHERE. And f.y.i., I went to school, met my spouse, and LIVED in OC and can FREELY use it as an example whenever I wish. BY the way, OC is looked at LA "in a certain way" and Central and South OC has a certain atmosphere and reputation, etc.
Sooo, to challenge my use of OC-comparison must obviously mean that you've been ???? Don't answer that. You've already trashed this post.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post

Thanks ! You are literally the primary one that didn't take my question out-of-context and go off the deep end. Have a great day !

Old 01-09-2018, 03:10 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,651,149 times
Quote:
Agenda? Then PLEEEASE tell me what my agenda is? It is a social thing, because i like to know. Even one of the commenters on here clearly indicates that they can understand why I got that vibe from these forums. Where there is smoke there is fire...sooo, instead of bashing me, try to understand. Nita is obviously a paranoid quack. (excuse my language) Would you listen if she told you to jump off a bridge?

My question has been answered...and in case you lost sight of what it was:
I wanted to understand WHY the capital, Little Rock doesn't get the same praise from visitors and residents but NWA/Fayetteville does.
I wanted to know what kind of money lives there. I was advised about it being working class and primarily prosperous due to the growth of the great corporations that are there.

I'm not sure why it is so incomprehensible that the atmosphere of a milieu is in fact, significant. When I lived in Austin (2008-2009,) as a teen and (2010-2011) as an adult, I noticed it was very elitist and many would agree with me on that. Every "region" has it's "Austin," and I just wanted to be sure that that wasn't what Fayetteville/NWA is. I like down-to-earth places that have great cultural (including hospitality) treasures to offer WITHOUT all the snobbery.

Please tell me why you feel the need to attack me...
No one is attacking you, just pointing out what you're doing here. You obviously don't like the fact that we're picking up on it. But I guess that's the "elite" in me.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
No one is attacking you, just pointing out what you're doing here. You obviously don't like the fact that we're picking up on it. But I guess that's the "elite" in me.
Doing? What do you suppose I am 'doing?' I'm only irritated that after answering the question, you and some menopausal whackjob are making every effort to get a rise out of me. I'm not this forum's chew toy. Perhaps it is YOU that is not liking that I'm picking up on what y'all are doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas