Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 02:00 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times

Advertisements

Ever since I began the process of moving to (sort of) North Central Arkansas, I have been having a bit of trouble finding good local news sources. (not really looking for "on line" news, at this time)

My new location will be less than an hour from both Mountain Home and Mountain View, but I have interest in news from Batesville and Heber Springs (Greers Ferry Lake) almost to Fayetteville.

I have found a good radio station, 106.1 out of Mountain View.
I am fond of Christian Talk Radio, and my wife is fond of Modern Country Music and 70's Rock and Roll.
(I know, no station will have both of those, but I can dream, can't I ? )

But for TV, almost everyone seems to be tuned to Springfield MO or Little Rock.
Is there anything in between?

Also, I have seen the Baxter Bulletin (which is USA Today in a local wrapper) , and the Democrat Gazette on a couple of news stands around the area. Are there any other newspapers that anyone would recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help, and I hope this is a profitable discussion for others too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 02:12 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Ever since I began the process of moving to (sort of) North Central Arkansas, I have been having a bit of trouble finding good local news sources. (not really looking for "on line" news, at this time)

My new location will be less than an hour from both Mountain Home and Mountain View, but I have interest in news from Batesville and Heber Springs (Greers Ferry Lake) almost to Fayetteville.

I am fond of Christian Talk Radio, and my wife is fond of Modern Country Music and 70's Rock and Roll.

Also, I have seen the Baxter Bulletin (which is USA Today in a local wrapper) , and the Democrat Gazette on a couple of news stands around the area. Are there any other newspapers that anyone would recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help, and I hope this is a profitable discussion for others too.
For the question I boded, no there isn't. The Springfield news usually covers northern Arkansas (not NWA).

Old 01-23-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
For the question I boded, no there isn't. The Springfield news usually covers northern Arkansas (not NWA).
Well, I guess it is what it is. I see a bunch of little independent stations listed in some of the cities, so once I am established, I might try a high gain antenna (or a portable reciever) to see what they have, but for now, I guess I those will have to suffice.

So, that leaves Newspapers and Radio.

I remember seeing another local newspaper,
but can't remember where it was, or what it
was called. Oh, well, maybe I will see it again.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Well, I guess it is what it is. I see a bunch of little independent stations listed in some of the cities, so once I am established, I might try a high gain antenna (or a portable reciever) to see what they have, but for now, I guess I those will have to suffice.

So, that leaves Newspapers and Radio.

I remember seeing another local newspaper,
but can't remember where it was, or what it
was called. Oh, well, maybe I will see it again.
I'm not sure for your area, here we have Newton County times, I know Harrison has Harrison Daily Times. I usually listen to country radio. I know that one of them is out of Harrison, but I can't remember which one, maybe 97.5. The other stations are mostly based out of Springfield. (101.3, 99.7)

Old 01-23-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I'm not sure for your area, here we have Newton County times, I know Harrison has Harrison Daily Times. I usually listen to country radio. I know that one of them is out of Harrison, but I can't remember which one, maybe 97.5. The other stations are mostly based out of Springfield. (101.3, 99.7)
OK, I will have a look at Harrison Daily Times when I see it, and check out those radio stations. And I just remembered there is a master list for American Family Radio. There should be one for other Christian networks too.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:17 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:

I'm not sure about newspapers, TRex, but Harrison is close to the Fayetteville-Bentonville market. Combined with Fort Smith, that area has a pretty good array of channels. On AM, they have KFPW (1230), KWHN (1320), both talk stations, plus Life 98.7 FM, a local Christian station (simulcast on 1650 AM and it's 10,000 watts by day). There's also KFAY (1030) and KURM (790), and the latter is about as local as you can get. And, if you'd like, Tulsa's KRMG (740) is a fantastic news/talk station in that market and way better than anything you can get in Little Rock. They have lots of listeners in Arkansas, and it's a favorite of mine when I go to Tulsa. If their signal is picked up in Harrison, then that would be a great alternative to the aforementioned channels.

Hope this helps some.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:22 PM

Case, Harrison is a couple hours from Bentonville / Rogers. This part of Arkansas doesn’t pick up the stations out of NWA.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
OP, here are some newspapers and news sources for your area and nearby area:

The Sun-Times - Heber Springs, AR: Local News, Politics ...
The Sun-Times - Heber Springs, AR: Local News, Politics, Entertainment & Sports in Heber Springs, AR
Get the latest breaking news, sports, entertainment, obituaries - The Sun-Times - Heber Springs, AR.

Batesville Daily Guard
https://guardonline.com
Online newspaper with news, sports, weather, and community events updated daily.

Having trouble getting the following three to pull up properly:

Heber Springs Newswire » [domain blocked due to spam]
.com][domain blocked due to spam]: Entertainment and News › Arkansas › Cleburne County › Heber Springs
Jan 11, 2018 - 20 posts
Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Heber Springs, AR.

Cleburne County Newswire » [domain blocked due to spam]
.com][domain blocked due to spam]: Entertainment and News › Cleburne County
4 days ago - 20 posts - ‎
HEBER SPRINGS, AR - A juvenile was arrested and charged after police say he threatened to shoot people at school. According to a press release by the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office, on Thursday, Dec. 14, deputies received information that a Heber Springs School student had made comments about ...

Greers Ferry Newswire » [domain blocked due to spam]
.com][domain blocked due to spam]: Entertainment and News › Arkansas › Cleburne County › Greers Ferry
7 days ago - 20 posts - ‎9 authors
Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for Greers Ferry, AR.

Arkansas newspapers
http://curlie.org/News/Newspapers/Re...ates/Arkansas/

Fayetteville Newspaper - Read News Online Free
Latest News, Top Stories, Online Broadcasts & More! | NewsStream.co
Access news, weather, sports and events.

Fayetteville: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette Northwest Edition Newspaper, Fayetteville, AR.
NWAnews

NWADG - Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Northwest ...
NWADG - Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Northwest Arkansas News
NWADG.com is the premier digital source for news in Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville and surrounding areas in Northwest Arkansas. Featuring content from the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

NWAnews - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
arkansasonline.com
NWAnews
Arkansas Online is the largest online source for breaking news, sports news, recruiting news, entertainment news, event listings, opinion, business news, photos and videos in Arkansas featuring content from the Arkansas Democrat- Gazette newspaper.

Northwest Arkansas daily newspapers consolidated into single, regional edition.
https://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/20...ional-edition/
Fayetteville Flyer

Ozark Community News - KZLE-FM
KZLE-FM

The Northwest Arkansas Times (ISSN 1066-3355) is a daily newspaper in Fayetteville, Arkansas owned by Northwest Arkansas Newspapers and has circulation of 17,807 copies.
NWADG - Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Northwest Arkansas News

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
ArkansasOnline.com

Northwest Arkansas News | Northwest Arkansas | NWAHomepage
Northwest Arkansas News | Northwest Arkansas | NWAHomepage
KNWA-TV is the NBC-affiliated television station for Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas River Valley. It broadcasts a high definition digital signal on UHF channel 50 (virtual channel 51.1 via PSIP) from a transmitter southeast of Garfield . Owned by the Nexstar Broadcasting Group, the station is sister to the Fort

Last edited by matisse12; 01-23-2018 at 10:59 PM..

Old 01-24-2018, 12:05 AM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
List of television stations in Arkansas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ns_in_Arkansas

Arkansas newspapers
Arkansas Newspapers -- DailyEarth

List of radio stations in Arkansas

List of newspapers in Arkansas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rs_in_Arkansas

The Courier - Your Messenger for the River Valley - News, Sports, Classifieds, Businesses and more in Russellville, Arkansas

The Baxter Bulletin
The Baxter Bulletin is the media organization serving Mountain Home, Ark., Baxter County, Ark., and surrounding areas.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
List of television stations in Arkansas

Arkansas newspapers
Arkansas Newspapers -- DailyEarth

List of radio stations in Arkansas

List of newspapers in Arkansas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rs_in_Arkansas

The Courier - Your Messenger for the River Valley - News, Sports, Classifieds, Businesses and more in Russellville, Arkansas

The Baxter Bulletin
The Baxter Bulletin is the media organization serving Mountain Home, Ark., Baxter County, Ark., and surrounding areas.
Thanks for the info. You have given me more than enough to check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas