Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post

I'm not sure which pig trail it was but I garruntee it had some drop offs. I might go look for it someday.
Just go east on I-40 from Ft. Smith (isn't that where you are?) to Ozark, (it's not far) then go north on Hwy. 23. You'll be on the Pig Trail. The really big curves and drop-offs don't start until you get past Cass, which is about 17 miles up. It's a great drive. You should make a day of it...you can go back to Fayetteville when you hit Hwy. 16 at Brashears (which is a beautiful drive also) and then go back down to Ft. Smith. Wish I could be doing that today! It's a great drive in the winter because the leaves are all gone and you can see the rocks and the folds of the mountains better. It's also a great drive in the spring, summer, and fall.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Just go east on I-40 from Ft. Smith (isn't that where you are?) to Ozark, (it's not far) then go north on Hwy. 23. You'll be on the Pig Trail. The really big curves and drop-offs don't start until you get past Cass, which is about 17 miles up. It's a great drive. You should make a day of it...you can go back to Fayetteville when you hit Hwy. 16 at Brashears (which is a beautiful drive also) and then go back down to Ft. Smith. Wish I could be doing that today! It's a great drive in the winter because the leaves are all gone and you can see the rocks and the folds of the mountains better. It's also a great drive in the spring, summer, and fall.
I guess it is a great drive 11 and 1/2 months a year huh???

Nita

Old 12-29-2008, 10:02 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess it is a great drive 11 and 1/2 months a year huh???

Nita
More like 12, I reckon.

I suppose it wouldn't be so great after an ice storm, but otherwise....put the pedal to the metal!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:17 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,081 times
Quote:
I rarely make any referance to grammar or spelling as I am dyslesic but when someone refers to people as being retards and yet use a word incorrectly I can't keep quiet. There should be their, maybe spending so much time (an entire year) in Ar put you into the same catagory you are putting others in.

Oh, as for the roads? you think LA has better, how about Texas? Calif, yes, but they also have outrageous gasoline tax.

Texaskansas is as Texas as it is AR, people are not weird, different from you maybe, but not weird, or maybe we should say not snobs. I doubt you have any idea what life was like in the 20s.

Gee I notice you are new the this thread and really haven't come back since making you anti-Ar statements. wonder why?

Oh, and btw, how could you have worked in Calif when in one post you entered yesterday, you claim to have never been in California. You know what? I think you are full of a lot of bull and maybe full or yourself, but too young to really appreciate the real world..
Nita
Tried to give ya some rep, nita, but the wizard says I gotta "spread it around".

Can't blame the wizard for having morals, can we?

Old 12-29-2008, 12:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,248,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinaYanksbody View Post
But you probably voted for Clinton at least once, right?
I am 99% sure he was too young to vote when Clinton was running.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 PM

117 posts, read 257,599 times
Thumbs down Your Lame attempt to make my opion seem invalid was an EPIC FAIL

Quote:
I rarely make any referance to grammar or spelling as I am dyslesic but when someone refers to people as being retards and yet use a word incorrectly I can't keep quiet. There should be their, maybe spending so much time (an entire year) in Ar put you into the same catagory you are putting others in.

Oh, as for the roads? you think LA has better, how about Texas? Calif, yes, but they also have outrageous gasoline tax.

Texaskansas is as Texas as it is AR, people are not weird, different from you maybe, but not weird, or maybe we should say not snobs. I doubt you have any idea what life was like in the 20s.

Gee I notice you are new the this thread and really haven't come back since making you anti-Ar statements. wonder why?

Oh, and btw, how could you have worked in Calif when in one post you entered yesterday, you claim to have never been in California. You know what? I think you are full of a lot of bull and maybe full or yourself, but too young to really appreciate the real world..
Nita
First of all, this is the internet. I'm not here to write essays or novels. I know the differences between their, they're, and there. I know there are grammatical errors in my last post. So what?!?! You think I spend my days thinking about what you guys opinions of me are?? ........Ha! I'm not on here to prove how well I can type of how 'smart' I am. I have many other ways of proving that.

Secondly, I never said I worked in Cali.. . I said I lived in Cali. That was for a short moment. Never worked there. And I was not there long enough to establish myself. In my other post what i meant to say was that I never been to Los Angeles. I have been everywhere but there.The people in Texarkana are VERY weird. I have family from there and YES they are all weird. Not only are they weird, but they are two-faced and a little bit on the slow side. I noticed this about almost everybody that was from there.
Do I think the roads are better in LA,TX,and Cali? ... for the most part YES. But that is not what the thread is about. It's about why people hate arkansas. And that is one of the MANY reasons.

Lastly, You seem to take my post very personally. Is that because you know you fit the bill and feel as if I am calling you out? So you resorted to personal attacks. And then you actually took time out of your life to stalk me and read the rest of my post. What does that say about your life? To me it says that you're pathetic and lonely soul.

Do I know what life was like in the twenties?? what kinda question is that? what does that have to do with anything? My grandmother wasn't even around in the twenties. How old are you?

I'm done with you and this thread and will not reply here again. So you can go ahead and take your arthritis medicine and quit stalking me on this forum and waiting for me to post again.

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 01-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Offensive Language

Old 12-30-2008, 06:17 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,532,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post
First of all, this is the internet. I'm not here to write essays or novels. I know the differences between their, they're, and there. I know there are grammatical errors in my last post. So what?!?! You think I spend my days thinking about what you guys opinions of me are?? ........Ha! I'm not on here to prove how well I can type of how 'smart' I am. I have many other ways of proving that.

Secondly, I never said I worked in Cali.. I said I lived in Cali. That was for a short moment. Never worked there. And I was not there long enough to establish myself. In my other post what i meant to say was that I never been to Los Angeles. I have been everywhere but there.The people in Texarkana are VERY weird. I have family from there and YES they are all weird. Not only are they weird, but they are two-faced and a little bit on the slow side. I noticed this about almost everybody that was from there.
Do I think the roads are better in LA,TX,and Cali? ... for the most part YES. But that is not what the thread is about. It's about why people hate arkansas. And that is one of the MANY reasons.

Lastly, You seem to take my post very personally. Is that because you know you fit the bill and feel as if I am calling you out? So you resorted to personal attacks. And then you actually took time out of your life to stalk me and read the rest of my post. What does that say about your life? To me it says that you're pathetic and lonely soul.

Do I know what life was like in the twenties?? what kinda question is that? what does that have to do with anything? My grandmother wasn't even around in the twenties. How old are you?

I'm done with you and this thread and will not reply here again. So you can go ahead and take your arthritis medicine and quit stalking me on this forum and waiting for me to post again.
Pot, meet kettle?

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 01-08-2009 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Had to chop it to remove the previous offensive language

Old 12-31-2008, 06:57 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,532 times
Quote:

Secondly, I never said I worked in Cali.. . I said I lived in Cali. That was for a short moment. Never worked there. And I was not there long enough to establish myself. In my other post what i meant to say was that I never been to Los Angeles. I have been everywhere but there.The people in Texarkana are VERY weird. I have family from there and YES they are all weird. Not only are they weird, but they are two-faced and a little bit on the slow side. I noticed this about almost everybody that was from there.

After reading that post I believe you have no right to talk about Arkansas in any way.

OT from the topic here: I am going to be in Little Rock next Monday, as the VA is sending me for some tests and set up for an operation.

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 01-08-2009 at 02:55 PM..

Old 12-31-2008, 07:04 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,992 times
Smile Ricky Retardo

Quote:

Secondly, I never said I worked in Cali.. I said I lived in Cali. That was for a short moment. Never worked there. And I was not there long enough to establish myself. In my other post what i meant to say was that I never been to Los Angeles. I have been everywhere but there.The people in Texarkana are VERY weird. I have family from there and YES they are all weird. Not only are they weird, but they are two-faced and a little bit on the slow side. I noticed this about almost everybody that was from there.

Why the passion about Texarkana?

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 01-08-2009 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: hacking out offensive language

Old 12-31-2008, 08:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:

Just setting things straight, you visited Ca but according to other threads you have never been in Ca. I didn't take your comments personally, I am certainly not a native of AR, infact I was raised in California. I was more addressing some of your comments and grammar. You are the one and I quote "I had took a trip" I didn't say that. As for referring to the 20 you felt like you had "took a trip" again quoting you, how do you know what it was like in the 20s? Heck, I don't take arthiritis medication yet and wasn't around in the 20s either.

I for one will look forward to you not responding anymore, but it is a free forum and you have as much right to be here as any of us..

Nita

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 01-08-2009 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: hacking out the offensive language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas