Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM

72,815 posts, read 62,135,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
O ... M ... G!

Guns! Confederate flags! Wal-marts!

Here's a story. Was nearly 30 years ago. Out here in California, there used to be a truck stop, I think it was actually called Rebel. They'd fly a humongous Confederate flag out front. Those were obviously the days before political correctness - back when we were allowed to have high school sports teams called The Indians ... things like that. There was a Rebel truck stop at the outer fringes of LA, in Ventura.

Seems like another universe.
I can deal with guns, mainly because I might own one someday. WalMart, well, I would rather not shop there anyway. Confederate flags are one thing that if I never saw one ever again, I would be perfectly happy.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,290,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are about right, I do not remember the whole thing, it could have been that exactly, but the story really was about the tiger running around the tree and yes, turning into butter. It was simply a cute story, cut and dry, nothing more, nothing less.

Nita
Nonsense! That story represents the imperialist, paternalistic, racist, xenophobic, fascist Military Industrial Complex of (Don't Bank On ) The Disunited States of Amerikkka! It, along with all aspects of the Anglo-Saxon Ice People and the Slavemaster Founding Fascists, must be demolished, so we can remake this land into a true utopia for the oppressed peoples and systemically abused prolitariat! /sarc

Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,807,793 times
Closed for Mod review...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas