U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 AM

620 posts, read 1,825,683 times

Advertisements

No, it's not on the lake. Too much $$ for my budget. It is a great location though. I'll PM.

I looked at a nice house off Hwy 14 near Yellville a couple of years back. It was a small property 1/4 mile on a gravel road, but the asking price was only $55k and it looked great. Went pretty quick. I still can't believe my luck for what I'm getting in HSB.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
My wife and I are moving near Horseshoe Bend this summer after buying land there last summer in 2007. In our research of the city and surrounding areas we noticed that there are many "lots" and small parcels up for auction/for sale all the time from a seemingly big realestate broker. Rumor has it that around 7,000 lots were bought by this real estate company and now they are selling off lots in Horseshoe Bend, CV and probably other areas. My question to any folks out there that have been living in or near Horseshoe Bend, Cherokee Village, etc...are you noticing new construction of homes from the result of these lots selling? OR is it a guess that the lots are just being bought up cheap for "investment" and just being sat on by the owners and NO new construction is happening? Has anyone noticed any change in the area since the flood of these cheap lots being spilled on the market?

Any observations appreciated....
Don't know if anyone is still interested in the subject of this thread, but I did run across the auctions mentioned by the OP and thought it was quite interesting.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:06 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,360,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Winkus View Post
Don't know if anyone is still interested in the subject of this thread, but I did run across the auctions mentioned by the OP and thought it was quite interesting.
Through most of those listings, Bull, I would certainly want to take a long look in person at the property when dealing with ALC.

That 106 acres with a cave is currently underpriced, and I have to think that's a teaser as it is very difficult to find unimproved acerage at under $2,000 and acre right now. I think that will skyrocket before sale.

That cave would make a nice wine cellar.

But...hey...what's this got to do with being gay or an atheist?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
That 106 acres with a cave is currently underpriced, and I have to think that's a teaser as it is very difficult to find unimproved acerage at under $2,000 and acre right now. I think that will skyrocket before sale.

That cave would make a nice wine cellar.
I just realized that every time I've viewed that, "the time left" clock says that there's 16d 7h 52m left on the "auction".

Uh-huh

Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 AM

It now says:

105 Bids:$79,100.00
Time left:16d 7h 35m

A watched clock never boils water, or some such.

Yeah, I agree about the due diligence. In any kind of real estate transaction. I think I figured out why the prices "seem" so cheap. They are small lots. The house I bought was two lots, and that's just about right when one has to provide one's own septic system. The single lot will only be good for building when they put in a sewer system. If you look at the listings, there's one that's a double lot. The starting price jumps to $7,500 then. It is a choice corner lot with an adjacent one on a good paved road, but another single, very close by, was starting ~$700.

Agree about the cave property. Too good to be true at this price. Stay tuned.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
It now says:

105 Bids:$79,100.00
Time left:16d 7h 35m

A watched clock never boils water, or some such.

Yeah, I agree about the due diligence. In any kind of real estate transaction. I think I figured out why the prices "seem" so cheap. They are small lots. The house I bought was two lots, and that's just about right when one has to provide one's own septic system. The single lot will only be good for building when they put in a sewer system. If you look at the listings, there's one that's a double lot. The starting price jumps to $7,500 then. It is a choice corner lot with an adjacent one on a good paved road, but another single, very close by, was starting ~$700.

Agree about the cave property. Too good to be true at this price. Stay tuned.

There's been a lakefront lot in HSB running in the paper for sale.

Price is listed as $100,000.

It's been running *a while*.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM

Scenic's got about 17 waterfront listings in their pile. One's sold.

In my opinion, they're all over priced. But, the asking is never the selling price in this market.

After seeing the eBay auction, now I'm thinking, "If I can buy an adjacent lot to mine for less than $1000, I should do it." So I'm watching to see what they are selling.

How's retired living these days? Getting any fishin' done?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Scenic's got about 17 waterfront listings in their pile. One's sold.

In my opinion, they're all over priced. But, the asking is never the selling price in this market.

After seeing the eBay auction, now I'm thinking, "If I can buy an adjacent lot to mine for less than $1000, I should do it." So I'm watching to see what they are selling.

How's retired living these days? Getting any fishin' done?
I haven't been fishing since last november. I gotta get back out there. Cool weather/hunting seasons come around and I get the fever.

Retirement is still great.

Ya outta try it sometime.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 PM

Hit be gettin' closer. Gimmie 'nother 9 months.

Course, soon as I get moved in I'll spend another month pickin' up sticks and prunin' limbs.

I'm hungry for some fresh caught catfish or bream. Up here, all they serve is something called perch and walleye. The perch is thin fillets, and they're too stingy with the walleye. If I ask where abouts I can get fresh cooked catfish, they say I'll have to go up around Detroit into the hood. Apparently, everyone except the blacks see catfish as just another trash fish. ... If they only knew what they were missing!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Hit be gettin' closer. Gimmie 'nother 9 months.

Course, soon as I get moved in I'll spend another month pickin' up sticks and prunin' limbs.

I'm hungry for some fresh caught catfish or bream. Up here, all they serve is something called perch and walleye. The perch is thin fillets, and they're too stingy with the walleye. If I ask where abouts I can get fresh cooked catfish, they say I'll have to go up around Detroit into the hood. Apparently, everyone except the blacks see catfish as just another trash fish. ... If they only knew what they were missing!
Nine months will put you into Jan/Feb, and there are worse times to move.

I pity the people moving in the summer. About 5 or 6 years ago, we came down in February, and they'd had an ice storm. When we got off 63 onto 63/412 west, it was nothing but ice. We still had to make it to 289 and into HSB. It was...interesting.

Man, we sure got catfish. If you don't feel like catching/cleaning, there's only a dozen places to go get it already cooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or