Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,181,137 times

Advertisements

Hey, Bull....those ALC lots on e-bay didn't do so good, so they're bringing them back withe starting bids of *$199*.

I hear the lots are selling in the 250's.

Most of them are in the Fulton county part, but for $250, who cares?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 PM

620 posts, read 2,075,228 times
Thanks for the heads up, Rog. I had bookmarked some of the more interesting lots in eBay, but I hadn't noticed the re listings. I noticed they were selling some 20 acre spots in Independence County too. All have bids, but the prices are all still $600 an acre or less; $400 an acre on a 25 acre lot that closes in 3 days 17 hrs.

All of those Horseshoe lots listed that I saw were in Izard County if you go by where the line is drawn on Google Earth. Most were in the Pioneer Park Addition, which is the northwestern bit of Horseshoe. The trailer park addition is just north of it and, by Google Earth, is also still in Izard County.

I bookmarked all of them in my eBay homepage. I'd like to see just what they're selling for. I'd like to see 'em auction off one of the ones next to my house. That, I'd bid on.

You going to bid any?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,841,359 times
Ebay's lots 99% of the time DO NOT HAVE CLEAR TITLE. You might as well take your money and give to a televangelist in Fort Worth.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:32 AM

This is not eBay's lots. This is American Land Company using eBay to sell lots.

As stated in each auction: "The FULL Warranty Deed you get from American Land Company will be stamped and recorded at the Izard County Courthouse."

That said, it is true that anyone purchasing land on eBay should do their own due diligence.

Or purchasing anything else, for that matter.

Last edited by Bull Winkus; 05-17-2009 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: Added clarification.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Winkus View Post
You going to bid any?
No, I have all I can handle...and then some.

I still haven't gotten to starting fence repair from where big branches fell on it during the ice storm.

I've got a mile of fence, and probably 15-20 repairs to do in there.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Ebay's lots 99% of the time DO NOT HAVE CLEAR TITLE. You might as well take your money and give to a televangelist in Fort Worth.
Oh....every since the Wayne Watkins scandal in Sharp Co., nothing's getting out of here witout clear title.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:52 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,104,671 times
Some of the lots I saw for sale when I droved thru there last November were unbuildable.

There was maybe 6 ft of level ground, then the small lots dropped off real steep.

I read somewhere that you are not allowed to have a camping trailer on lots in CV and live in it ( camping seasonally )

I guess for $250 you get the "honor" of owning land in Arkansas but if it is a small lot , what can you do with it if you can't even use it for camping ?

Someone may feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the camping restrictions.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
No, I have all I can handle...and then some.

I still haven't gotten to starting fence repair from where big branches fell on it during the ice storm.

I've got a mile of fence, and probably 15-20 repairs to do in there.
Ouch! There goes a weekend! ... Oops. ... Forgot. You can do it any time of the week.

What kind of fence? Gotta keep the deer out/in? 4weelers? Nosy scumbag revenuers? LOL Or is there a problem with neighbors goats?

Old 05-17-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Winkus View Post
4weelers? Nosy scumbag revenuers?
Zacto mundo........and, lost carpetbaggers.

Four strand barb wire. The main purpose is to delineate what's "mine" from what's "yours". Second is that I do a lot of long-range shooting, and although everybody around here knows what everybody does, I don't want a 'slick' wandering in, thinking they may get a glimpse of the elusive too-foo bird...or whatever, when 168 grains of lead is flying to a target 1/4 to 1/2 mile away.

Cattle get out, that's just life, but they don't come past that fence.

Deters poachers that don't realize where they're sneaking into.

Fences out here are, "stop right there", and everybody's fenced.

Come to the gate, knock on the door, ask and yea shall receive.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Some of the lots I saw for sale when I droved thru there last November were unbuildable.

There was maybe 6 ft of level ground, then the small lots dropped off real steep.

I read somewhere that you are not allowed to have a camping trailer on lots in CV and live in it ( camping seasonally )

I guess for $250 you get the "honor" of owning land in Arkansas but if it is a small lot , what can you do with it if you can't even use it for camping ?

Someone may feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the camping restrictions.
I think you are right about CV. I've heard the same thing. It's probably true for HB as well. The auction people say so: "There are NO trailers or temporary dwellings allowed in the majority of Horseshoe Bend..." As far as the size of the lots being too small to build on, in each listing, the size of the lot is well documented. The lay of the land can be inspected in Google Earth. It gives a 3D view of the terrain using a relatively recent satellite image. There's even street view in some locations. Water and power are available in most locations. Sewer is not, and there's the rub. If you're going to have to put in a septic system, the prospect of a ~1/4 acre lot being adequate gets kinda iffy. That's just my opinion. I may be all wrong, as I haven't researched it.

City-Data does a good job of profiling this and other cities.
City-Data Profile - Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas

The good news is: There's 15 extra females for every hundred males.

The bad news: Most of the extras are either too old or too young.

New home construction peaked in 2006 with 14 new permits averaging $161,300. The median price for existing home sales for the same year was just $60,000 over 6 units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas