Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 05:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I'm from Minnesota, lived in Dallas /Ft Worth for a number of years, that is a dry heat there. Houston, on the Gulf has a much much higher humidity. My in-laws lived in Little Rock, AR, it can get extremely humid in the summer, a hot, kind of like a steam sauna. Arkansas does not get snow, except on very, very rare occasions, when they do get some it pretty much closes it down. They don't have the equipment to handle it. They do get very rarely, ice storms, like they do in Dallas. Ice storms very rare, pretty much closes everything down.

That said, Arkansas is a beautiful state. Cost of living is generally low in most areas. One thing strange, your car is taxed on your state property value when you file your yearly income taxes, not sure exactly how that works.
I am a bit confused; are you saying AR is dry heat? and are you saying we get very litle snow? Do you actually live here and for how long? It has been a few years since we have had a lot of snow, but in our 10 years here, at least 4 or 5 have had enough snow to keep us pretty much home bound 4 or 5 times a year. OK, not like Minnesota I agree. As for the heat, though nothing like Dallas it is humid and Dallas is very humid. Again, not compared to Houston, but still almost impossible to spend any time out doors in the summer even at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 04:21 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,327,765 times
It looks like snow although not near as much as in Holly's pic from Newton County.

This was actually Dec 21st 2017

by

Last edited by Slytrix; 04-11-2018 at 05:21 PM..

Old 04-11-2018, 06:59 PM

23 posts, read 49,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD BYE SF BAY View Post
After hearing how low housing prices are there, I looked it up, and wonder what it would be like to live there.
I didn't see any information on how hot and Humid it is there in the summer. Does it snow there?
I have never lived where it snows.
I have only lived in Los Angeles (Beach Cities), and Fremont, Ca. Housing and taxes are crazy here.
I might have to take a 50% cut in pay, cor more, but with everything cheaper, I might want to try it out.
I'm nearing retirement age, 57, my wife is retired. I am a CNC Machinist-Programmer, and there are a few jobs there, but I could also program for companies anywhere, from home. My wife was a realestate broker for 30 years here in Fremont, and wants to maybe invest in an income property or two.
After looking on Craigslist I was in Shock, My god, I could have a Mini Mansion for 75% less than I pay now.
A 3 bedroom 2 bath house 1200 sq. ft. here is over 1 million.
Any thoughts would be appreciated especially from someone that moved there from a big city.
Not all Native Californians are snow flakes (Liberals)
People that live in a place for 20 years or more, either hate it or love it.
I hate California. I feel like I am a foreigner in my own land.
Time to move.
I need to look at my old posts since I'm still here in Fremont.
Is it ok to go to Church and pray to God for for my wife to give me a BJ?
So the just of things is that Fort Smith is a Dump.
I kinda figured that, but how much of a Dump? It doesn't look like a Ghetto, Graffiti, Gangs, Crime, I don't see a large minority population, like Los Angeles.
Silicon Valley is Dump, when you consider what you get for your hard earned money.
California taxes are ridiculous.
Lexus Lanes, $1.50 a mile.
Gas here is $3.85 a gallon.
I suppose the price of housing is the biggest reason I want to move, since it takes the biggest bite out of my paycheck.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:23 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
Ft Smith Tourism

Ft Smith Chamber of Commerce

With a post like your last one.....look up the da$n information yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas