U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 04:47 AM

5 posts, read 4,138 times

Advertisements

I just bought in Marshall and very pleased with the overall experience. Check it out as well as Clinton. Both are very cute little towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 12:59 PM

11 posts, read 4,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Check out Heber Springs, it may have more blue collar areas, and few restrictions.

Regards
Gemstone1
Thanks, been browsing that area as well.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowwind21 View Post
I just bought in Marshall and very pleased with the overall experience. Check it out as well as Clinton. Both are very cute little towns.
Thanks, will check those out as well.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
I have never been to CV, so I can only offer general information/opinion. It's my understanding that CV is a "planned" community, and they tend to have more rules regarding the number of animals permitted on a property, ect.
I found a link to animal control, by searching for CV. You might want to contact them directly about your dog concerns. Hope this little bit is helpful to you.

City of Cherokee Village, Arkansas
Thanks!

Old 05-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowwind21 View Post
Thanks, I'll take a look!

Old 07-25-2018, 07:02 AM

1 posts, read 188 times
just moved to Cherokee Village from Illinois, Karen I feel your (tax) pain! If you like peaceful days and nights, extremely nice people and the outdoors you'll love CV. The larger "cities" are both near enough and far enough to fill needs not available in Hardy, Ash Flat and Highland etc. We have 2 dogs and a 6ft privacy fence around our backyard so they can run free. Remember "Good fences, make good neighbors". Rules are meant to protect everyone's rights...buy 1000 acres in the middle of nowhere if you dont want any restrictions or rules.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:47 AM

646 posts, read 130,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaytagJoe View Post
just moved to Cherokee Village from Illinois, Karen I feel your (tax) pain! If you like peaceful days and nights, extremely nice people and the outdoors you'll love CV. The larger "cities" are both near enough and far enough to fill needs not available in Hardy, Ash Flat and Highland etc. We have 2 dogs and a 6ft privacy fence around our backyard so they can run free. Remember "Good fences, make good neighbors". Rules are meant to protect everyone's rights...buy 1000 acres in the middle of nowhere if you dont want any restrictions or rules.
Your last 2 sentences are great advice for anyone anywhere.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaytagJoe View Post
I'm probably a couple years out from being able to retire, but I have a property I'm working on getting sold, so may be in a better position to move once that's completed. Rules are ok, just want to be fully informed before making any big decision as I don't want any unpleasant surprises after the fact. I'm glad to see someone who has a 6ft privacy fence there, thought i had read somewhere that fences in CV can't exceed 4ft. So that was a huge concern of mine since one of my dogs can scale a 4ft fence with ease.

If I move sooner than later I'll have to find work there and I'm not seeing too much available around CV to be honest. I'm in manufacturing, but I'm getting too old for it so I would hope to find something more along the lines of an office position, any suggestions would be welcome as to where to look or if it's even worth looking in the CV area.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 AM

646 posts, read 130,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenc60548 View Post
I'm probably a couple years out from being able to retire, but I have a property I'm working on getting sold, so may be in a better position to move once that's completed. Rules are ok, just want to be fully informed before making any big decision as I don't want any unpleasant surprises after the fact. I'm glad to see someone who has a 6ft privacy fence there, thought i had read somewhere that fences in CV can't exceed 4ft. So that was a huge concern of mine since one of my dogs can scale a 4ft fence with ease.

If I move sooner than later I'll have to find work there and I'm not seeing too much available around CV to be honest. I'm in manufacturing, but I'm getting too old for it so I would hope to find something more along the lines of an office position, any suggestions would be welcome as to where to look or if it's even worth looking in the CV area.
CV is a beautiful ,scenic,area.

7 lakes, 2 golf courses

I wake up everyday being thankful I found my " paradise" after years of researching and scouting many areas in the south.

Houses are very reasonable and with the wooded areas one can own a house on a small lot and still have privacy.

I am not concerned at all about having my house broken into.

This place isn't for everyone, though.

The reason everything is so reasonable , is jobs are very hard to come by.
Opportunities are mainly in the health care field ( home health care companies)

Walmart, 8 miles from me, has a Super Center and that would probably be as good a job as any.

Everyone is different.
To me, the weather/climate for me is perfect
Deer galore.......good thing for some/bad for others.......I love seeing them in my backyard daily.

Big bonus.............NO MOSQUITOES !

Old 07-26-2018, 04:48 AM

68,676 posts, read 78,674,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
Your last 2 sentences are great advice for anyone anywhere.
that is so true. I love living where there are some controls in place. yes, they are not always what we want and some seem a bit out dated, but rules, like laws have a purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or