U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 04:51 AM

69,286 posts, read 79,469,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenc60548 View Post
I'm probably a couple years out from being able to retire, but I have a property I'm working on getting sold, so may be in a better position to move once that's completed. Rules are ok, just want to be fully informed before making any big decision as I don't want any unpleasant surprises after the fact. I'm glad to see someone who has a 6ft privacy fence there, thought i had read somewhere that fences in CV can't exceed 4ft. So that was a huge concern of mine since one of my dogs can scale a 4ft fence with ease.

If I move sooner than later I'll have to find work there and I'm not seeing too much available around CV to be honest. I'm in manufacturing, but I'm getting too old for it so I would hope to find something more along the lines of an office position, any suggestions would be welcome as to where to look or if it's even worth looking in the CV area.
The fence issue is or was the same in Bella Vista (both cooper developments) but now you see both chain link and wood fences throughout the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 11:34 AM

11 posts, read 4,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
CV is a beautiful ,scenic,area.

7 lakes, 2 golf courses

I wake up everyday being thankful I found my " paradise" after years of researching and scouting many areas in the south.

Houses are very reasonable and with the wooded areas one can own a house on a small lot and still have privacy.

I am not concerned at all about having my house broken into.

This place isn't for everyone, though.

The reason everything is so reasonable , is jobs are very hard to come by.
Opportunities are mainly in the health care field ( home health care companies)

Walmart, 8 miles from me, has a Super Center and that would probably be as good a job as any.

Everyone is different.
To me, the weather/climate for me is perfect
Deer galore.......good thing for some/bad for others.......I love seeing them in my backyard daily.

Big bonus.............NO MOSQUITOES !
No mosquitoes? Now that's a plus! I pretty much figured the job outlook was pretty dismal. Though if I had to I could easily transition to home care aid which i see a lot of listings for. Speaking of bugs though, how bad are the ticks and chiggers, I've heard they can be pretty awful down that way.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:46 AM

213 posts, read 85,101 times
Quote:
No mosquitoes? Now that's a plus! I pretty much figured the job outlook was pretty dismal. Though if I had to I could easily transition to home care aid which i see a lot of listings for. Speaking of bugs though, how bad are the ticks and chiggers, I've heard they can be pretty awful down that way.
ticks and chiggers can be bad if you go walking in the woods during the hot weather. Stay out of their home and you will be fine. Or take a bath in bug spray before you go out.

Most people in Cherokee Village are retired and not looking for a job. But there are some around if you want to work.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:48 AM

213 posts, read 85,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The fence issue is or was the same in Bella Vista (both cooper developments) but now you see both chain link and wood fences throughout the city.
Your fence can be up to 5 feet tall.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Your fence can be up to 5 feet tall.
Interesting, as I browse the listings I have run across a few with fenced in yards, most of which look to be 4 foot fences. I have seen a couple though that have definitely had taller fences that look to be 6 feet which would be my preference. I don't think my one dog can jump a 5 footer, but he definitely can't get over a 6 footer. I'll definitely have to do more research on that.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:15 AM

644 posts, read 142,517 times
Quote:
Interesting, as I browse the listings I have run across a few with fenced in yards, most of which look to be 4 foot fences. I have seen a couple though that have definitely had taller fences that look to be 6 feet which would be my preference. I don't think my one dog can jump a 5 footer, but he definitely can't get over a 6 footer. I'll definitely have to do more research on that.
4ft was allowed.

About a year ago it got changed to 5 ft ( I believe)

I doubt 6 ft is allowed.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:40 AM

Any one have any opinions to share about utility costs in the village. Looks like most everyone heats with propane? I've seen a few listings for all electric homes which I would presume would be worth avoiding. But, I'm also wondering, are there homes that only heat with fireplaces? In other words, no furnaces? I know when I look at a listing it raises some questions when the listing only mentions "fireplace" (wood or gas log), is that to suggest some of these homes don't have furnaces? I know the winters generally aren't as severe as northern Illinois, but still, I know it can and does get cold down there.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:56 PM

2,117 posts, read 626,711 times
Quote:
Any one have any opinions to share about utility costs in the village. Looks like most everyone heats with propane? I've seen a few listings for all electric homes which I would presume would be worth avoiding. But, I'm also wondering, are there homes that only heat with fireplaces? In other words, no furnaces? I know when I look at a listing it raises some questions when the listing only mentions "fireplace" (wood or gas log), is that to suggest some of these homes don't have furnaces? I know the winters generally aren't as severe as northern Illinois, but still, I know it can and does get cold down there.
Fireplaces are for romantic evenings. If it doesn't say woodstove, it probably has a furnace, or electric heat.

I know woodstove heating isn't that uncommon outside cities, but I haven't seen much of it in residential (in town) areas.

In the long run, propane will almost always save money over electric, but in the short run, the extra cost of installation persuades many people to go electric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or