U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 12:07 PM

1,490 posts, read 914,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
Thank you CraigCreek. I was asking for one of my sons, his wife, and their child.

They have visited the area, and like it quite a bit. However, as with many tourist spots, visiting is different to living there permanantly.

No, I did not mean to imply that "all people who love Trump are racists" however, Trump is a pretty devisive president, and he is pretty aggressive about his opinions. He has said or tweeted that he really does not care much for the loser Americans who didn't vote for him. I believe it was in his acceptance speach.

We aren't talking about George W. Bush or George H.W. Bush, who tried to be presidents for all Americans. George W. called himself a "uniter not a divider".
After 9/11, he famously told Americans that many Muslims were good, people and warned that people should not take their anger out on the Muslim community because of the actions of a few.

I've heard nothing even close to this from Pres. Trump.

Recently, I read something, a joke, about a fee in a certain community to "keep out minorities and liberals" I didn't hear many people rebuking him.

I think I will take a trip with my son and his wife and visit for myself. The area does look beautiful, but there seems to be reason to be a bit cautious, as a transplant.

It's much different when you are from the area. As a trasplant, you have more barriers to overcome.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=48281053 - this is distubrurbing.
If you are that concerned about living next to Trump supporters, may I refer you to this map: (Hint: Stick with the blue areas)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 01:22 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,908,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
If you are that concerned about living next to Trump supporters, may I refer you to this map: (Hint: Stick with the blue areas)
Isn't that map pretty old by now?

I expect if that same election were held today, the results would be quite different.

In any case, I am shocked at the sarcastic and extremely defensive verging on aggressive responses of many Arkansans here. That is not what I've ever experienced in your beautiful state (I am half-Arkansan and have visited Arkansas over 100 times in my lifetime).

OP, please do not take what you've encountered here as typical.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Isn't that map pretty old by now?

I expect if that same election were held today, the results would be quite different.

In any case, I am shocked at the sarcastic and extremely defensive verging on aggressive responses of many Arkansans here. That is not what I've ever experienced in your beautiful state (I am half-Arkansan and have visited Arkansas over 100 times in my lifetime).

OP, please do not take what you've encountered here as typical.
Sarcastic and extremely defensive? I was just responding to the OP's concerns which he had pretty strong reservations about the area regarding political leanings. OP made it political, we just responded.

Oh and the map is a whopping year and a half old.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:39 PM

66,833 posts, read 76,212,021 times
Quote:
Sarcastic and extremely defensive? I was just responding to the OP's concerns which he had pretty strong reservations about the area regarding political leanings. OP made it political, we just responded.

but remember according to the OP and Craig, this posting isn't political in anyway. Of course there are a few, who can't just let it drop. I doubt the OP has any intention of considering a move to Hot Springs. If he did he would know it is one of the most liberal areas in AR. NO, not totally by any means but certainly leaning that way.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:18 PM

38,286 posts, read 22,091,350 times
Quote:

Then maybe you can provide a link to the map?

Old 04-26-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Then maybe you can provide a link to the map?
https://brilliantmaps.com/2016-county-election-map/
That's the actual 2016 election map from November 2016, exactly 18 months ago.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:33 PM

38,286 posts, read 22,091,350 times
Quote:
https://brilliantmaps.com/2016-county-election-map/
That's the actual 2016 election map from November 2016, exactly 18 months ago.
Thank you.

At least now we have a source and an explanation.

Old Today, 06:46 PM

7 posts, read 3,362 times
The op would have gotten more objective answers if he had simply said: we are Christian, progressives than to mentions race, and feelings about our President.[/quote]

and then having said that we could have figgered on our own that he dosen't like Trump lolol....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or