Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 04:43 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,812 times

Advertisements

non Trump loving, non racist, Christian couple, enjoys the out doors, night life, boating, hiking, good food.

Any progressive churches? Open to new comers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 06:33 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
non Trump loving, non racist, Christian couple, enjoys the out doors, night life, boating, hiking, good food.

I don't usually visit the Arkansas forum; however, I saw your post on the side and I suggest you search for "hot springs arkansas progressive churches" and you will come up with a list of congregations, such as below:

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.nWj2TcDbEoA

Old 04-21-2018, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post

most all regions have progressive churches that welcome new members. As for not being a Trump lover or racist, let me say, not all Trump lovers are racist. Where in the world did you get that idea and certainly in HS there are a number of residence that do not support Trump. You might have a different idea of what AR is like from those comments. So give them a try, spend some time there and see what you think.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:49 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
I don't see where the OP claimed or implied that "all Trump lovers are racist". He/she simply described himself or herself as someone who is neither a Trump lover nor racist. As noted, the two do not necessarily equate, although certainly there are some people who are both.

OP: I can't speak to your other concerns, as I was a recent visitor to this area, not a local, but the Hot Springs area is great for outdoor recreation. Lake Ouachita State Park is nearby, along with Lake Catherine and other lakes, and provides boating, camping, swimming, fishing and hiking, while the beautiful and mountainous Ouachita National Forest, with lots of trails, picnic areas and campgrounds, is also close at hand.

The Ouachita Mountains are noted for deposits of beautiful quartz crystals, and several reasonably priced commercial mines, where you can dig for crystals and keep your finds, are a short distance north of Hot Springs. The area is popular with tourists.

Lots of traditional Southern homestyle cooking s available at places like The Home Plate in Jessieville, north of town on Scenic Highway Seven (en route to the crystal mines, Lake Ouachita State Park, and the Ouachita National Forest). Not sure about gourmet cooking, but lots of barbecue places, etc., are in the area.

The town itself is historic and a bit quirky. Most of the elegant old bathhouses have been restored or repurposed, and Hot Springs National Park is near the heart of town. Little Rock is only about a hour away, and offers a wide variety of restaurants, museums, festivals, concerts, and big-city attractions.

Hope you will visit and check out the possibilities

Old 04-22-2018, 09:04 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times
"non Trump loving"?

As in Trump hating?

Why even bring Trump into an inquiry about Hot Springs, Arkansas?

And what is the premise of the OP's post? Are they visiting, considering moving, etc?

Never mind. Carry on.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I don't see where the OP claimed or implied that "all Trump lovers are racist". He/she simply described himself or herself as someone who is neither a Trump lover nor racist. As noted, the two do not necessarily equate, although certainly there are some people who are both.

OP: I can't speak to your other concerns, as I was a recent visitor to this area, not a local, but the Hot Springs area is great for outdoor recreation. Lake Ouachita State Park is nearby, along with Lake Catherine and other lakes, and provides boating, camping, swimming, fishing and hiking, while the beautiful and mountainous Ouachita National Forest, with lots of trails, picnic areas and campgrounds, is also close at hand.

The Ouachita Mountains are noted for deposits of beautiful quartz crystals, and several reasonably priced commercial mines, where you can dig for crystals and keep your finds, are a short distance north of Hot Springs. The area is popular with tourists.

Lots of traditional Southern homestyle cooking s available at places like The Home Plate in Jessieville, north of town on Scenic Highway Seven (en route to the crystal mines, Lake Ouachita State Park, and the Ouachita National Forest). Not sure about gourmet cooking, but lots of barbecue places, etc., are in the area.

The town itself is historic and a bit quirky. Most of the elegant old bathhouses have been restored or repurposed, and Hot Springs National Park is near the heart of town. Little Rock is only about a hour away, and offers a wide variety of restaurants, museums, festivals, concerts, and big-city attractions.

Hope you will visit and check out the possibilities
did not directly say, that, but the wording made it sound like he was linking the two together: say, liberal, progressive or some other phase or words to make a statement, but his wording was not that at all and certainly not necessary.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:38 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
"non Trump loving"?

As in Trump hating?

Why even bring Trump into an inquiry about Hot Springs, Arkansas?

And what is the premise of the OP's post? Are they visiting, considering moving, etc?

Never mind. Carry on.
Some people need to bring politics into any and every discussion they post. I have friends with strong opposing political views and we're good friends, because we've accepted what each other believes and we go to the subjects we have similar tastes in. Not everyone is a 'bad guy' if they have the opposing view. What a world it'd be if we all had the exact same views on everything.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Some people need to bring politics into any and every discussion they post. I have friends with strong opposing political views and we're good friends, because we've accepted what each other believes and we go to the subjects we have similar tastes in. Not everyone is a 'bad guy' if they have the opposing view. What a world it'd be if we all had the exact same views on everything.
agree, too bad the OP followed by Craig Creeks had to bring the topic up. Most of us have friends from both sides, some flaunt theirs views to the extent that we can no longer really be friends. We much remember politics is an interesting topic, just discuss using common sense. The op would have gotten more objective answers if he had simply said: we are Christian, progressives than to mentions race, and feelings about our President.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:30 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
agree, too bad the OP followed by Craig Creeks had to bring the topic up. Most of us have friends from both sides, some flaunt theirs views to the extent that we can no longer really be friends. We much remember politics is an interesting topic, just discuss using common sense. The op would have gotten more objective answers if he had simply said: we are Christian, progressives than to mentions race, and feelings about our President.
Notice the OP hasn't replied since they started the thread. Another big surprise.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:01 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Good grief. This is not at ALL what occurred, as should be evident to anyone reading this thread.

nmnita, you responded very defensively to the OP's original inquiry about whether his or her not being a Trump fan would make living in Hot Springs difficult, and you indicated that you thought he or she was equating being a Trump supporter with being a racist.

I would not be well-impressed by such a "welcome", were I the OP. Fortunately, with my Arkansas background, I know that this was not a typical response and that most Arkansans are more laid-back, regardless of their political views.

I then wrote - to try to return the conversation to the original inquiry - and said I didn't see where the OP had equated supporting Trump with being a racist.

That was my ONLY mention of Trump in this thread. I went on to describe some of the other attractions of the Hot Springs area, about which the OP had also inquired.

Why are you being so defensive, and why are you accusing me of "having to bring the topic up", when my only mention of Trump was in response to your reply to the OP? I was certainly not the one who introduced this evidently very touchy topic to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas