U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 408 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to the LR are from KS. What city would be best for an interracial family, Benton or Maumelle? We are looking for a good school for our kids, church and friendly welcoming community. We have 2 kids in high school who are rather shy and nervous about fitting in and we are coming from a small 3a school to most likely a 5a so it will be a big change for them and I want to hopefully make the transition for them as easy as possible. Also is there a nice housing area that is recommended? Or where to stay away from? I would appreciate any input as we don't know the area at all. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 07:22 PM

61 posts, read 28,821 times
Maumelle is more affluent and nicer. It's basically a planned community whereas Benton is your average small to medium sized town. I think if you're in Maumelle your kids would go to Maumelle High or maybe NLR depending on exactly where you settle. CAC School is right there by the Maumelle/NLR exit so maybe you can look at that. I don't like the Benton/Bryant area too much to be honest. A lot of frontage roads and chain restaurants. I don't think either are bad areas though. Maybe drive around both to feel it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or