U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:08 AM

69,657 posts, read 80,030,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Nita, Just the fact that you have a cat should've kept the mice away, whether he is killing them or not so this is surprising. Does the cat never go outside? If not, maybe get an outdoor cat. I have a barn cat that keeps all the mice away. He even kills the moles. The only time he comes inside in on cold winter nights.
He is an indoor/outdoor cat but a dumb one regardless. I have to admit he is super sweet and really keeps us entertained. We did set the 2 traps last night, nothing. I guess time will tell. All I know is, the last thing I want to do is have company and have a mouse run across the floor or up onto the counter. I will add, Chester is more indoor than out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 07:15 AM

1,810 posts, read 1,127,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He is an indoor/outdoor cat but a dumb one regardless. I have to admit he is super sweet and really keeps us entertained. We did set the 2 traps last night, nothing. I guess time will tell. All I know is, the last thing I want to do is have company and have a mouse run across the floor or up onto the counter. I will add, Chester is more indoor than out.
Wow, I'm surprised the mouse even came inside. My outdoor cat is a killing machine, always hunting, but when he comes to us, he is a sweet lovable cat who wants lots of attention. He even killed one of my humming birds earlier this summer. I have no idea how he did that.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Wow, I'm surprised the mouse even came inside. My outdoor cat is a killing machine, always hunting, but when he comes to us, he is a sweet lovable cat who wants lots of attention. He even killed one of my humming birds earlier this summer. I have no idea how he did that.
well lets just say, the mice know our cat I am guessing. This morning hubby opened the dish washer, then went to do something else for a minute: came back and Chester was actually laying in the dish washer. No I don't mean checking it out or about to get in, by laying down. Now, in all fairness to him, I have seen him chewing on something from time to time in the yard and I am guessing it might have been part of our mouse family. I am really not sure if he is all cat, I don't think he knows either. ll

Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 PM

2,189 posts, read 658,330 times
Quote:
well lets just say, the mice know our cat I am guessing. This morning hubby opened the dish washer, then went to do something else for a minute: came back and Chester was actually laying in the dish washer. No I don't mean checking it out or about to get in, by laying down. Now, in all fairness to him, I have seen him chewing on something from time to time in the yard and I am guessing it might have been part of our mouse family. I am really not sure if he is all cat, I don't think he knows either. ll
Is this Garfield's brother?

Old 08-07-2018, 01:47 PM

4,753 posts, read 6,205,672 times
Nita, I tried the glue traps once and, while it did catch the mouse, I just can't ever use them again. They gave instructions for getting the mouse unstuck from the glue if you wanted to let him go, but it didn't work and that poor mouse suffered. We never were able to get him off of the glue.

Now, I'm no rabid animal-rights activist, but it just seemed cruel to just let the poor thing starve/thirst to death.

We actually bought a trap after that which spins them into the trap and doesn't hurt them at all. Then you let them go in a field somewhere far away. That was much better for me. And it could be put right on your counter top with a cherry tomato in it. lol

Old 08-08-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Nita, I tried the glue traps once and, while it did catch the mouse, I just can't ever use them again. They gave instructions for getting the mouse unstuck from the glue if you wanted to let him go, but it didn't work and that poor mouse suffered. We never were able to get him off of the glue.

Now, I'm no rabid animal-rights activist, but it just seemed cruel to just let the poor thing starve/thirst to death.

We actually bought a trap after that which spins them into the trap and doesn't hurt them at all. Then you let them go in a field somewhere far away. That was much better for me. And it could be put right on your counter top with a cherry tomato in it. lol
you know after I got the glue traps I thought about that and since we have not gotten Mr Mouse yet, I think I will buy a couple of the old fashion cheap ones and give them a try. We haven't seen any signs of mice in the past few days so maybe they decided they would rather live outdoors. Stupid Chester still seems to be sure there is one in the kitchen. Of course, as I have said he is not the brightest.

I really don't think he is related to Garfield except for his funny personality. Garfield is much smarter. Of course maybe Chester was the dummy of the family. .

Old 11-04-2018, 11:06 AM

12 posts, read 2,267 times
Clarksville and Ozark are small towns you might consider. (I live in Clarksville).

Old 11-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell Scott View Post
Clarksville and Ozark are small towns you might consider. (I live in Clarksville).
I am guessing the OP has decided against AR. It has been months since she posted and hasn't not come back.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:28 AM

12 posts, read 2,267 times
Quote:
I am guessing the OP has decided against AR. It has been months since she posted and hasn't not come back.
Thanks nmnita. It's not easy to come late to a thread. I don't have time to read so many pages.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell Scott View Post
Thanks nmnita. It's not easy to come late to a thread. I don't have time to read so many pages.
I know we all do this from time to time. Certainly I have done it more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or