U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 06:10 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,102,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov3rly View Post
It's not like we have never been there before, you just assume that. we haven't considered moving there until this year.

Sure thing.
Quote:
yes, we are planning trips to come and see the town but it won't be until the first part of August.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:49 PM

9 posts, read 3,214 times
I meant AR, we haven't personally been to Yellville.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:25 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,236,294 times
Oh brother.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:26 PM

2,109 posts, read 623,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Oh brother.
Amen. Unless someone is seasoned at discussing things on a forum,
starting a conversation is often beset by pitfalls. Takes a while to
get past them.

Quote:
I meant AR, we haven't personally been to Yellville.
I have been to Yellville, and I live within an hour's drive from it.
Marion County is borderline mountainous, with a couple smallish rivers in the South end of it, and a somewhat larger one on the East edge of the county. Bull Shoals lake is the NE border.

But all of those things are things you could look up.

I haven't bought anything in Yellville lately, so I don't know their sales tax, but it is probably around 10%. I consider that a bit high, but the property taxes and a lot of other things are less here, so it kinda evens out.

If you have specific questions, there are a few of us who can find the answers.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:05 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,236,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Amen. Unless someone is seasoned at discussing things on a forum,
starting a conversation is often beset by pitfalls. Takes a while to
get past them

Oh you're a real wiz. The OP twice completely contradicted themselves.

Hey man, have at it! You're the wiz!

Old 07-04-2018, 07:05 AM

9 posts, read 3,214 times
Fine, if the people there are like you people on this thread, I won't be responding to any of you again then.... Adios!

Old 07-04-2018, 11:29 AM

Had to think a while before responding to this. "You people" on this thread are quite a variety. Every response to you has been an attempt at being helpful, except Tyryztoll. And Tyryztoll, while he is on this thread, isn't here in Arkansas (he is kinda the suspicious type; but that is the kind that keeps us safe from roving miscreants). Kinda makes me wonder about someone making a generalization about us.

Quote:
Fine, if the people there are like you people on this thread, I won't be responding to any of you again then.... Adios!
You don't say where you are from, or where you are now. You don't seem to observant, and quite quick to prejudge us. Sounds like a typical NewEnglander, and we don't need any bigoted NewEnglanders coming down here and spreading their racism and hatred.

So, unless you grow up and learn some manners, we would just as soon you don't bother us here in Marion County, or anywhere else in the Ozarks.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:45 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,102,445 times
Quote:
This doesn't make much sense.

If the people in Yellville are like us, you won't respond to us again?

Old 08-15-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Not that I can think of. Yellville is a nice area.
... What made you choose that area?
Hey, we got mentioned again!

https://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...port&id=223935
Quote:
Wifey and I have been up in the Ozarks,Yellville,AR ,to be specific and thoroughly enjoy our annual vacations up here and just wanted to not only give kudos to Dirst Canoe and Cabin Rentals but also report how fine smallmouth bass taste on the grille!!We left Mandeville Th afternoon and have been up in Buffalo Point,in some fine,rustic cabins since Friday afternoon.We met a fine gent and his wife Sunday while we both were awaiting a table in the restaurant in the Buffalo National Park and as fate would have it,this gent has worked at the Ranger boat factory in nearby Flippin for 48 years and wants to retire in 2 years,marking 50 years with one company!!!How awesome is that!!We invited he and his lovely wife to join us at our table and in the course of conversation,he told us about free tours of the facility where Ranger boats are constructed!!Being the fisherman that I am,I inquired about local trout hotspots and he and another fellow,this guy works for Dirst Canoe and Cabin Rentals(rented a fine Ole Town canoe from him today)both pointed me in the direction of the Cotter Trout Dock,in nearby Cotter.Today,Wifey and I used Dirst to not only rent us a canoe but to transport us to the Buffalo,near Dillard's Ferry and picked us up in Rush,about a 9 mile float.
He continues on for a while, discussing the fish he caught.

Just thought it was neat, our getting mentioned again.

(And yes, I like poking a varmit with a stick, every now and then,
as long as it isn't a wolverine. RIP, Mike.)

Old 08-23-2018, 06:48 AM

8 posts, read 1,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Had to think a while before responding to this. "You people" on this thread are quite a variety. Every response to you has been an attempt at being helpful, except Tyryztoll. And Tyryztoll, while he is on this thread, isn't here in Arkansas (he is kinda the suspicious type; but that is the kind that keeps us safe from roving miscreants). Kinda makes me wonder about someone making a generalization about us.

You don't say where you are from, or where you are now. You don't seem to observant, and quite quick to prejudge us. Sounds like a typical NewEnglander, and we don't need any bigoted NewEnglanders coming down here and spreading their racism and hatred.

So, unless you grow up and learn some manners, we would just as soon you don't bother us here in Marion County, or anywhere else in the Ozarks.
Amen Brother!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas