U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

71 posts, read 33,890 times

Advertisements

Newsflash to anyone who doesn't realize, this is a lame troll by someone to pick out some irrelevant thing about the state to put Arkansas down. If OP really is clueless enough to think he can't travel through a state with a pit, maybe he should stay away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:41 AM

187 posts, read 64,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace61 View Post
I am going to be travelling from AZ to NC with a dog that is banned in many places. By far the worst is Arkansas with many more places banning Pit Bull type dogs there than in the other states. I intend not to stop anywhere in State of Arkansas but if I were to break down and a stop was unavoidable does anyone know the likelihood of my dog being confiscated? I am worried sick about this and can find know information in the reams of different city rules posted. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
You are not stopping anywhere in State of Arkansas, Good glad to hear it. We all ready have enough dog attacks here.

Old Today, 08:30 AM

67,660 posts, read 77,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
You are not stopping anywhere in State of Arkansas, Good glad to hear it. We all ready have enough dog attacks here.
Thanks to you and Westfork for giving us a heads up. That never dawned on me and usually I am pretty savvy about these types of posters. Sounds like he might be the guy who posts periodically about AR, as well as other threads. He loves to pick a fight or set off a heated debate. All he does is go on line and dream up a new screen name.

Old Today, 09:02 AM

187 posts, read 64,606 times
There were 34 dog related human deaths reported in 20017/16 of those were caused by Pit Bulls or 38% of all dog related deaths. Even the Rottweiler is responsible for a distant 9% in it's rating as the 2nd most deadly dog to humans.(U.S. National Statistics Council) So out of 150 different registered breeds, Pit Bulls were responsible for a disproportionate number of deaths. It's not that the breed can not make a good pet, they can. It is that these dog have so much more killing potential. If my Jack Russell has one outburst of aggression, provoked or otherwise, the outcome might be broken skin on the leg or hand. If a Pit Bull attacks only once in it's lifetime, death or permanent disfigurement is far more likely. They are huge liability to their owner. With all the breeds registered with AKC or UKC, I have to wonder why on earth a person would choose this breed.

Old Today, 10:26 AM
sub

421 posts, read 207,081 times
I don't understand the appeal to Pit Bulls at all, even through I've encounter many that are actually sweet.

Arkansas is the kind of place where if you're just driving through and don't make a scene about it, I doubt anyone will say anything or turn you the Pit Bull police. If you were to breakdown, don't go on and on about your dog. Keep it low key and no one will care.
Pit Bulls are popular in Arkansas.

As for the OP, I don't know if they're a troll and I don't care. Post #1 sounded legitimate enough to me. Just another question to be answered.
Part of the problem with civility on here is troll paranoia as much as it is trollism itself.

Old Today, 11:22 AM

67,660 posts, read 77,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I don't understand the appeal to Pit Bulls at all, even through I've encounter many that are actually sweet.

Arkansas is the kind of place where if you're just driving through and don't make a scene about it, I doubt anyone will say anything or turn you the Pit Bull police. If you were to breakdown, don't go on and on about your dog. Keep it low key and no one will care.
Pit Bulls are popular in Arkansas.

As for the OP, I don't know if they're a troll and I don't care. Post #1 sounded legitimate enough to me. Just another question to be answered.
Part of the problem with civility on here is troll paranoia as much as it is trollism itself.
As for Pitts, I understand the hesitation but our granddaughter, while in college worked for the college vet school so she dealt with all kinds of dogs. Pitts have a horrible reputation, yet, when she got ready to have a dog she and her husband adopted a Pitt from the rescue service; later another one. Both were the sweetest dogs ever. SInce then the older one has gone to dog heaven and the other isn't far away. He is so gentle he allows the toddlers to ride on him. That being said, our other granddaughters husband doesn't even want to visit because he doesn't trust the dog around his kids. I know, if it were me and I had kids, I probably would have one, but I do know their reputation is worse than the breed. It reminds of the days after WW2 for generations when people would not get near a Dobbie. Another dog that is unbelievably gentle. I can think of a lot of breeds, chows being one, that I dislike more than Pitts or Dobbies. More than the nature of the dog is how they are raised. Pitts, for too long were raised to fight.

Now, for your comment on TROOLS, no most of us paranoid, we are just irritated and we can, generally pick out a TROLL when they post or shortly afterwards. Unfortunately we do not have a moderator at this time, so it is hard to do much about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or