U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:26 PM

155 posts, read 577,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
Yes, Moffet is much worse than Greenwood or Van Buren or Hazzard county for that matter.
I'm still on my best behavior in Greenwood and Van Buren though, I'm no dummy. I'm not a cop hater don't get me wrong, I just try not to cross them.
The only time you catch trouble in either city is if you're doing something wrong. I live in Van Buren and feel we have an excellent police department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 PM

465 posts, read 1,250,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matto View Post
The only time you catch trouble in either city is if you're doing something wrong. I live in Van Buren and feel we have an excellent police department.
Maybe they are the most honest cops in the world, but how do I know that?
I have heard a Greenwood cop use the N-word.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM

155 posts, read 577,457 times
Quote:
Maybe they are the most honest cops in the world, but how do I know that?
I have heard a Greenwood cop use the N-word.
Never heard anything bad about Greenwood PD.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:16 AM

My friend who lives in Greenwood says the town is pretty tame these days. I have heard several people talk about the corruption in Greenwood back in day. The seventies or eighties I guess, they didn't give me an exact timeline.
Of course some may call it corruption and others might view it as good ol boys just a havin a little fun.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:39 AM

2,370 posts, read 6,857,220 times
Quote:
My friend who lives in Greenwood says the town is pretty tame these days. I have heard several people talk about the corruption in Greenwood back in day. The seventies or eighties I guess, they didn't give me an exact timeline.
Of course some may call it corruption and others might view it as good ol boys just a havin a little fun.
Good ole boys gotta have fun too!

J/K with ya. The "good ole boy" network is a very old system of government that's been with us since we were rubbing sticks together and is pretty much endemic to small communities the world over in one form or another. It works exceedingly well when the character of the authority figures are altruistic but breaks down very rapidly under the influence of even a single individual with more self serving ambition.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:32 PM

23 posts, read 60,510 times
Thanks for all of your responses. I had almost forgot I posted this thread way back.

The more we keep researching, the more we keep looking at Bentonville or Bella Vista.

But, I keep looking at Greenwood as well.

Thank you all.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciacrooks View Post
Thanks for all of your responses. I had almost forgot I posted this thread way back.

The more we keep researching, the more we keep looking at Bentonville or Bella Vista.

But, I keep looking at Greenwood as well.

Thank you all.
Greenwood is nice, if the police know you they would probably go out of their way to help you. The teenagers engage in mischief more than actual crime.
Greenwood is a quant little place and will probably continue to be for a long time. You have to consider that everyone from the west coast seems to be moving to Bella Vista but Greenwood, not so much. That could be a good thing though depending on what you are looking for.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 AM

23 posts, read 60,510 times
Quote:
Greenwood is nice, if the police know you they would probably go out of their way to help you. The teenagers engage in mischief more than actual crime.
Greenwood is a quant little place and will probably continue to be for a long time. You have to consider that everyone from the west coast seems to be moving to Bella Vista but Greenwood, not so much. That could be a good thing though depending on what you are looking for.

Very good point! We are looking for a home on the water, and the only one we have found there so far needs as much money in updating the silly thing as they are asking for it. But, we keep looking. We still have our house here in Ohio to sell.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,000 times
HI..My Name is Bob Mosher ..My wife, Jean and I have friends in Glenwood, AR we visited..and were looking for a place to relocate to from Oregon.. We toured the entire Central River Valley and found Greenwood..It is a great combo of New England and Oregon.. We are planning to relocate there as soon as we can sell our current resort property in Oregon..We have visited Greenwood twice.. spent a week or so there and touring the local area.. We love it..The people were frendly and helpful..Real Estate peope were very egar to assist us..Home prices were very reasonable.. There is a load of data on the place ..It is out of the Tornado paths due to the mountians and shelterning land mass.. There are some truly lovely homes and sub divisions located surroundinfg greenwood.. My vote is take your money and relocate to Greenwood, arkansas it is breautiful..

Old 04-21-2010, 04:16 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,224,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Mosher View Post
HI..My Name is Bob Mosher ..My wife, Jean and I have friends in Glenwood, AR we visited..and were looking for a place to relocate to from Oregon.. We toured the entire Central River Valley and found Greenwood..It is a great combo of New England and Oregon.. We are planning to relocate there as soon as we can sell our current resort property in Oregon..We have visited Greenwood twice.. spent a week or so there and touring the local area.. We love it..The people were frendly and helpful..Real Estate peope were very egar to assist us..Home prices were very reasonable.. There is a load of data on the place ..It is out of the Tornado paths due to the mountians and shelterning land mass.. There are some truly lovely homes and sub divisions located surroundinfg greenwood.. My vote is take your money and relocate to Greenwood, arkansas it is breautiful..
Open a coffee stand please, they don't know how to make a cup of chai down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas