Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:16 AM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times

Advertisements

I have never been a fan of "dental plans." For almost everyone, if you can put away the money yourself and pay cash for dental work, you will come out ahead. Some dental offices will give a discount, too, since they don't have to deal with the red tape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 10:38 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,000 times
I have never visited the state of Arkansas, but I heard its praise, here on City Data, and also by talking to people. Nita is an enthusiastic promoter of Bella Vista, and the more time I spend on Zillow the more I have to agree with her.

A house I like in BVista might go for 200 K; the same house here would be 300 K; in Orange County 850 K.

Without ever setting foot in Arkansas, we would prefer the Bella Vista-Bentonville area due to the abundance of medical services. Once we decide to move and rented a place for a few months this might change, because at that time we'll be able to visit Eureka Springs, Mountain Home, Hot Springs, Cherokee Village and many others.

The abundance of lakes in Bella Vista is a huge draw for me. I'm a poor swimmer and lousy fisherman, but nevertheless, the water is important to me. My wife couldn't care less.

Thanks for everyone here taking their time responding.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I have never visited the state of Arkansas, but I heard its praise, here on City Data, and also by talking to people. Nita is an enthusiastic promoter of Bella Vista, and the more time I spend on Zillow the more I have to agree with her.

A house I like in BVista might go for 200 K; the same house here would be 300 K; in Orange County 850 K.

Without ever setting foot in Arkansas, we would prefer the Bella Vista-Bentonville area due to the abundance of medical services. Once we decide to move and rented a place for a few months this might change, because at that time we'll be able to visit Eureka Springs, Mountain Home, Hot Springs, Cherokee Village and many others.

The abundance of lakes in Bella Vista is a huge draw for me. I'm a poor swimmer and lousy fisherman, but nevertheless, the water is important to me. My wife couldn't care less.

Thanks for everyone here taking their time responding.
I think you will like BV much better than Cherokee Village. Just my opinion. You will enjoy visiting Eureka Springs, but I doubt you would want to live there. I don't know much about Mountain HOme.. It is one area we did not visit. After we found BV we were satisfied and just didn't bother.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:16 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,000 times
Thanks, Nita, good advice, as always.
Can you tell us about the Highway 49 going through Bella Vista?
I remember visiting Grass Valley, CA, and crossing from one side of town to the other we had to search because a freeway is in the middle of the town. For locals it shouldn't be a problem but I found it a bit irritating.

Are there any preferences regarding living on the west side or on the east side in Bella Vista?

By the way some of the homes on Zillow in the 200-225 K range are amazing and beautiful in your place.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Thanks, Nita, good advice, as always.
Can you tell us about the Highway 49 going through Bella Vista?
I remember visiting Grass Valley, CA, and crossing from one side of town to the other we had to search because a freeway is in the middle of the town. For locals it shouldn't be a problem but I found it a bit irritating.

Are there any preferences regarding living on the west side or on the east side in Bella Vista?

By the way some of the homes on Zillow in the 200-225 K range are amazing and beautiful in your place.
Well 49 is really 71 when you come into BV unless you are talking about the bye pass/ Right now the bye pass is about 12 miles and is a dream come true for those of us living in the Highlands area. It connects us to the southern most part of BV and Bentonville in about 1/2 the time it take if we go over to 71. The money that Mo was supposed to use to help connect us to their state got spent on some other project, so right now the highway stops at the far end of the Highlands.

As for living on what side?that is a debate that can go on forever. The advantage some will say of living on the east side is Bentonville schools which is good for re-sale and some of the homes on that side are hooked up to the sewer system. The benefit on the west side, overall the homes are a little nicer. This isn't saying there are no nice houses on the east side. Our grand daughter and family live on the east side and have a very nice, 2 level home with about 2500 sq feet. The west side is more convenient to the bye pass if you live in the Highlands area and the Lake Point restaurant and the best lake are on that side.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:51 PM

8 posts, read 6,744 times
Yeah, we lived in BV from 2000-2009 in the Highlands area-WS is better, IMO. If you like to golf, you got a lot of variety, and it was pretty cheap- but I walked. If Lake life is what floats your boat, I'd check out Norfork or Bull Shoals. Mt. Home would be the town for medical and everything, and it is rural all around-except the town. You could live in town and still go to the lakes. But yeah, NW AR. has everything if you want and more of a big towns close.

The lakes at Bella Vista are small. We had a wood stove and our power was out 3 days during one ice storm-but only once. Power goes out now and then when a storm passes, but usually it's back on pretty quick. It is a retirement community, so a lot of social opportunities, or not if you don't want to.

We are thinking of Bull Shoals area after living here in AZ for awhile, that's why I joined the Forums to find out more of the Bull Shoals area. Hope this helps!

Old 08-22-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake 5 View Post
Yeah, we lived in BV from 2000-2009 in the Highlands area-WS is better, IMO. If you like to golf, you got a lot of variety, and it was pretty cheap- but I walked. If Lake life is what floats your boat, I'd check out Norfork or Bull Shoals. Mt. Home would be the town for medical and everything, and it is rural all around-except the town. You could live in town and still go to the lakes. But yeah, NW AR. has everything if you want and more of a big towns close.

The lakes at Bella Vista are small. We had a wood stove and our power was out 3 days during one ice storm-but only once. Power goes out now and then when a storm passes, but usually it's back on pretty quick. It is a retirement community, so a lot of social opportunities, or not if you don't want to.

We are thinking of Bull Shoals area after living here in AZ for awhile, that's why I joined the Forums to find out more of the Bull Shoals area. Hope this helps!
actually it isn't as much of a retirement community as it was when you lived here. The median age keeps going down each year. there are a lot of activities for seniors that is for sure. That is one thing a lot of people love about it. There is no excuse for feeling shut in or bored unless one chooses to but there are lots of things for the younger people now as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas