U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 PM

24 posts, read 51,173 times

Advertisements

My husband and our 8yr & 4yr.old are looking to go camping for the week in July,we are looking for something that isn't just a cement pad with people 2 feet away,but also with some activities for the kids,with bathrooms and showers.We live in Baton Rouge,La so it looks like DeGray lake campground is a good fit and not too bad of a drive-I have heard some good things about the hotel there but nothing about the campgrounds,anybody have any experience camping there or know of another campground -Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 02:56 PM

90 posts, read 220,148 times
I've been to the day facilities at DeGray but not the campgrounds. Its been awhile, but from my experience, all of the campgrounds on Lake Ouachita Welcome To Lake Ouachita A Great Place To Visit! are nicer than those at DeGray, and not much farther. And there is plenty to do in Hot Springs for both kids and parents. Magic Springs is a fun water and amusement park if you are looking for non-camping stuff to do as well.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-08-2008 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: fixed link

Old 04-08-2008, 04:47 PM

32 posts, read 118,343 times
DeGray is nice. +1 on Lake Ouachita. Either is a fine choice for camping. July is hot, but coming from Baton Rouge... maybe not so much

--jcd

Old 04-09-2008, 05:47 AM

84 posts, read 211,308 times
Megande is right. Lake Ouachita State Park near Hot Springs is the place to go--reserve any site in Area A and you won't be sorry. Degray campground has not been updated yet--when in Arkansas State Parks, look for the AAA campsites--and don't forget to check the lake levels before making your plans.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 AM

350 posts, read 1,124,646 times
If you're going up there you might want to take your kids to the diamond mines in Murfreesboro. It's not far and it's a pretty unique experience.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,262 times
We are going camping at Degray next month. I've noticed the previous posts were from a few years ago. Anybody have any recent comments or things we should know about Degray? Me and the wifey are going, no kids!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,087,640 times
Things are about the same, but as one poster noted; It probably would be a good idea to check on the lake level before you go because we have had lots of rain and it may take a while for the lake to return to normal. Also, you will be close to Hot Springs if you are interested in additional entertainment. If you do go to H.S. be sure to drive carefully and watch out for other drivers because highway 7 is a high accident road. Welcome, enjoy The Natural State, and stay safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas