U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 12:18 PM

7 posts, read 3,995 times

Advertisements

Hey Ya'll - I AM LOOKING SERIOUSLY to a MAJOR MOVE { I'm a LATE SENIOR } to Greenbrier, AR from
Hot Springs, AR.

MY MAIN QUESTION : My Main Entertainment/Communication is VIA THE INTERNET.

I Watch a lot of Amazon Prime Free movies - and it is a MUST HAVE. Also, I use the internet daily for
research and EMAIL - mainly - but IT NEEDS TO BE FAST ENOUGH TO STREAM MOVIES. { Amazon }

I also have Directv - and need to know if it is Fast enough there to stream - as right now I am in
the Country here - and I have Directv - but the NEW UPGRADE does not work out here due to my
internet service not being fast enough !

Will all those that live there - please respond and help me with ANY info - I would be Greatly Appreciative if you help out here.

I am WIdowed - Late Senior and want to be SAFE and I do know one thing of Gr. B. it is SAFE -
HOT SPRINGS IS NOT. I have no Family nor friends there so the entertainment TV/Internet is a MUST
have.

Thanks a bunch, Freelancegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:13 AM

2,225 posts, read 2,832,288 times
It is going to depend a great deal on where you choose to relocate in Greenbrier....not all providers will serve all areas.
Here is a list of broadband providers in Greenbrier. Windstream is the local Telco, and will have the best copper (maybe some fiber to the home service ?) coverage, whether they can give you 100m download where you end up is a different story. Their DSL speeds look to go to 50m, but you will be limited to roughly a radius of 18,000 cable feet from their central office locations for DSL.

Another link to data

Generally you will get the best speed/service the closer you are to large, affluent business or residential areas....it's all about ROI...return on investment.

Regards
Gemstone1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas