Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 973 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!

I need help figuring out what neighborhoods are the safest to live in in LR. My boyfriend and I are being relocated there for work. We are not looking for any specific area, we are interested in all areas and suburbs around. I googled a lot! Did not get any specific information, all I found was "there are good and bad areas, there are bad areas in good areas", basically like everywhere else. I'm looking for some information like when you are moving to Chicago, you know you have to stay away from South side, and it doesn't mean the rest is great. We are just trying to avoid the wost areas, understanding that there are no perfect places with zero crimes..

We are moving from a very safe place (quiet town in CT) that is "expansive" comparing to the housing I found all over LR, so the price doesn't matter.

Please share your experiences and knowledge.

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,119 times
Good Day! Have you considered the Jacksonville or Cabot area? Those are very nice quite areas.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:38 PM

697 posts, read 1,775,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka28 View Post
Hi guys!

I need help figuring out what neighborhoods are the safest to live in in LR. My boyfriend and I are being relocated there for work. We are not looking for any specific area, we are interested in all areas and suburbs around. I googled a lot! Did not get any specific information, all I found was "there are good and bad areas, there are bad areas in good areas", basically like everywhere else. I'm looking for some information like when you are moving to Chicago, you know you have to stay away from South side, and it doesn't mean the rest is great. We are just trying to avoid the wost areas, understanding that there are no perfect places with zero crimes..

We are moving from a very safe place (quiet town in CT) that is "expansive" comparing to the housing I found all over LR, so the price doesn't matter.

Please share your experiences and knowledge.

Thank You!
There are a number of threads in the Little Rock subforum here that may be helpful to you, and I'd generally recommend posting this in that forum as it might get a bit more response from people familiar with Little Rock.

For more specific recommendations I'd ask you: Are you looking to rent or own? What kind of housing do you like/are you looking for? (Single family home, big yards, rural or farm style, downtown condos, etc.) What is the budget? (I know you said price doesn't matter but I can still pretty much guarantee you there are neighborhoods that the price might matter ) And what kind of activities are important to you? (Live near restaurants/bars, close to shopping, or prefer the quieter family suburbs?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas