Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:47 AM

288 posts, read 1,079,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushFyre View Post
Forget HSV, it is RIGHT in tornado alley!
HSV has a large footprint, it has grown over the years but it is now around 15 miles from the west end to the east end. There has never been a tornado reported inside the gates. No tornadoes in 26,000 acres in 38 years would be what I call a "tornado desert".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,173 times
My husband and I are going to retire as soon as we sell our home. We are seriously thinking of moving to the Village. We have visited there and it is gorgeous. But I am wondering about the recent tornado's. I know that Arkansas is in 'tornado alley', but do you EVER get tornado's up on the mountain in the village? I have been in a couple of them and don't relish the thought of going through more. LOL What is the worse kind of weather you have had there?
Thank you for your responses.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 AM

The worst weather we have here (HSV) is the occasional 'ice storm'. It usually takes down a lot of pines and the roads are bad for a few days.

We get small hail, but all of the tornadoes seem to be in other areas of the state, most notably to the South and East. The closest ones tend to be small (F2) and have a good aim for mobile home parks. Maybe we don't get tornadoes because we don't have mobile homes here?

My personal opinion is that it is a geographic thing. You always hear about tornadoes around Oklahoma City and Tulsa, but when was the last time you heard about one in SE Oklahoma?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
Get an apartment before you start running off and buying a house. Odds are if you hate it here you'll wind up with a house that'll sit on the market for a year or more.
If enough research is done and the person is flexible there is no reason to think they won't like the area they choose. Renting before buying does make some sense, but also can be very expensive and very trying on the nerves. Moving at 20 years old might be one thing, at 50,60 or 70 it is quite another. As for sitting on the market a year, let's hope things are improving or will soon. ...I don't buy your advise but what do I know. We are moving in 2 weeks to Bella Vista. After all the research we have done and all the advise we have gotten from others, lots of this board, we are sure we will be happy with our move....

Nita

Old 08-15-2010, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,852 times
What is the best area of HSV to live in to be close to golf and the gym?

Old 08-21-2010, 04:22 PM

The fitness center is South-Central, just off Balaeric. It is probably not more than 15 minutes from anywhere in the Village. You might focus from the fitness center eastward along Balaeric, or off of Minorca between Balaeric & DeSoto.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,852 times
How easy(or difficult) would it be to get a parttime job at one of the golf courses?

Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 AM

The golf courses hire a lot of part time help for the summer. There is nothing on the POA website right now, but I would suggest submitting an application anyway. The application is available here:
http://www.hsvpoa.org/Job%20Openings.pdf

Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 PM

506 posts, read 650,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwk22 View Post
What is the best area of HSV to live in to be close to golf and the gym?
With NINE golf courses how could you not be close?
It would be very easy to not "be near" the gym, though. It's a big area and the gym is near the library which I'd say is near the middle of the village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas