U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 8,629 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I need help with this. I am moving to Marion or West Memphis to be with my
Fiancé. He already lives in a little apartment in West Memphis, and works in Memphis. I live in a small town 1.75 hours away called Pocahontas.

We are looking for a first home to buy, but first I want to find a job before I make the move. I graduate with my associates in Business Administration on May 8,2008. I also have and Accounting Assistant Certificate +2 years of office experience. If anyone knows of a business needing help please let me know.

Also, I have a 5 year old little boy and my lil mutt puppy that will be making the move with me so we are really needing a nice neighborhood that is kid friendly, yet quiet and (safe). I am also needing suggestions on daycares and schools.
Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by Sam I Am; 09-11-2008 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: personal info removed at OP request
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 10:21 AM

4 posts, read 11,634 times
Wink Re:

Hi Emily

I am also moving into the area. I just completed my BS in Special Ed in May so I know exactly how you feel. My family is moving to the area in just a few short weeks. I have been advised by family and friends in the area to shoot for Marion school district. They are saying that it is a much better area for the kids.

As for housing I have been calling some of the real estate places and asking them about rentals. Several of them have places that they rent. The rent is higher than I am used to here, but it isnt bad when you compare salaries. I would suggest trying Coldwell or looking up rental properties on hotrentals.com. That has been my 2 best hits so far.

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM

14 posts, read 43,061 times
Hey girls, I right there with you. Moving to W memphis area and need all the same help. Maybe we could all help each other..just keep posting and lets tell each other what we find
bmeeks

Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,024,495 times
Welcome to the metro Memphis region!!

Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 8,629 times
Update on the move to marion.
We close on our house that we are purchasing on July 22! yay! The house is in a great neighborhood in marion and i cant wait to move!
I will be looking for a job as soon as i get moved in. I will be enrolling my son in the marion schools around the first of august. feel free to email me any question or info. We can all trade knowledge.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,279 times
Did any of you have luck finding rentals in Marion or West Memphis. I need a place to rent for about 6 months in that area. Thanks!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:53 PM

5 posts, read 13,707 times
Hi, Emily,
Have you found anything, house, job wise yet? I don't know anybody is hiring, but I may be able to help you to find a place to buy or rent. I am a new member, I saw your post was posted in April, 2008. So, I don't know what is your update.Moderator cut: solicitation

Last edited by leorah; 02-08-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas