U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 09:19 PM

18 posts, read 39,899 times

Advertisements

Just a note to thank you for all your input over the last few months. The moving van arrived in Conway from Connecticut last Monday, and we're getting settled.

I must say that the people who work for the State of Arkansas are much more efficient and much more friendly than those who work for the State of Connecticut (and I used to). Getting a driver's license was a breeze. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. In Connecticut it takes that long to figure out which line you need to be in!

Anyway, thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 03:52 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,913,806 times
Hope you settle in easily...as you acclimate, please keep us posted - and of course ask any questions you need, someone out there can most likely point you in the right direction!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 PM

1,661 posts, read 4,362,398 times
When you get a chance, meet some hillbillies.

We make slap-your-mama-good catfish and barbecue.

Enjoy Arkansas, it's a beautiful state.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 AM

24 posts, read 82,335 times
mspond1, question for you...

I'm going to be moving to AR this year too and will need to change drivers licenses like you justr did. I have a CDL (but i do not actively use it) and would like any input you may give as to how the AR DMV changed your license over.....

thanks!!

Side note to RogMar....>>>I was in Horseshoe Bend from the 8th to the 18th of this month. Got to attend the Dogwood days festival, the Gene Williams show in the theater, and grabbed the seafood buffet at the Carriage room, seen some flooding on the strawberry and bullpen creek!!.....all I need to do now is sneak in your back yard a grab a leg of 'coon off your grille and i'll have the full experiance!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 AM

69,380 posts, read 79,577,446 times
good luck to you. I hope we are just behind you only we will be settling in BV. We have had the house on the market barely a week and the only 2 lookers are expected (by our realtor) to make an offer in the next few days. We will see. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Nita

Old 04-24-2008, 12:52 PM

730 posts, read 1,971,668 times
Welcome. If you need anything in the future, just let us know. The people on the AR forum seem very willing to help (makes me so proud!)

Old 04-24-2008, 01:33 PM

18 posts, read 39,899 times
Default Arkansas Drivers License

Hi,

If you have a current drivers license from another state, you need to turn it in to Arkansas. They take that license and will issue a new one to you, complete with your picture. You also have to prove your citizenship in the U.S. by either a birth certificate or passport. If your name is not the same now as on your birth certificate, you need to bring along the legal paperwork that changed your name. I just used my passport--it was easier.

If you google Arkansas Driver's license, you'll find the locations of all the places you can go and all the details of what you need to bring. If your driver's license has expired, there are different rules. Also, the rules for under 18 are different.

Take care.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:47 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,548,617 times
Welcome to Arkansas -- and welcome to Conway!

Be sure to catch Toad Suck Daze next weekend.

And eat at Stoby's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or