Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 01:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
You know, as I look back on what I said, I meant to say that I believe it will change the way we have church.
It very much could change things. The holding of hands or shaking hands could be a thing of the past have never been 100% comfortable with this anyway. You will not see the common cup used as often I am thinking as well. There are other changes that may occur. In fact this might change the way we do a lot of things. No matter how often we wash our hands for instance, I bet we will wash them still a little better now and shaking hands period might become a thing of the past
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 01:28 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I actually do not think it will be around that long or at least will peak way before that.I am guessing it will peek in May or maybe June. Some experts are saying when the weather warms up the cases will go down. Let's just hope this is the case. We did go the store today for a few items and to recycling. The store, our local independently owned store was crowded and the shelves were pretty empty but they had almost everything anyone would need except paper products and cleaning supplies, just not a huge selection. I did notice they didn't have much on sale.. what we would call pretty pricey they were saying "only" and they had limits on a lot of things like eggs and some meats.
I do hope that right about the peak but it’s all uncertain. I’ve read several different predictions and some even think there will a couple different peaks. Even with those, it could be around for months. With that said, that why I’m suggesting we can’t possibly stay quarantined for that long. We need to figure out the best way to manage things by protecting and quarantining the weak and sick who are the most vulnerable like those in nursing homes.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Latest update. 174 confirmed cases.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/lifestyl...9-in-arkansas/

Old 03-23-2020, 03:00 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Totally agree with you. I too see the peek by mid April or first of May and then a slow but sure recovery. If China controlled theirs in a period of a few months without the knowledge and foresight to treat the virus, we should be able to have the virus under control relatively soon.

As for people not being able to feed families there there will be means available.
Yeah, I don't proscribe to these doom and gloom predictions and actually get very impatient when I hear them as, 1.) I don't see any of these forecasts - anarchy, revolt, or whatever it is, to be realistic, and 2.) it is not helpful to the current situation.
America has been through this before, both pandemics and economic failures, and has always persevered and come back stronger.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:00 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Latest update. 174 confirmed cases.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/lifestyl...9-in-arkansas/

That's 6 new cases today, not bad.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:40 PM

383 posts, read 400,148 times
This plague is set to get pretty ugly. The Country has been thru worse. We can take it and we can get thru it. Families take care of each other. Neighbors help each other. Who is your neighbor? Whoever needs your help. We can't fix everything, but we can do plenty within arms reach.

Lord, thankyou for giving me a family, church family and neigbors who care. I learned a real good lesson about this 1.5 years ago when our son was in a near fatal motorcycle accident. Helpers came out of the woodwork. The reach of our church missionary families were from around the world and I mean that literally. I never witnessed such kindness before. So I know it's possible. We all have it within us.

The bible (Jesus) says "Every city or house divided against itself cannot stand". Lincoln spoke of it in 1858 as he was running for election. This country has become so divided that it looks like we are approaching the 1860's again. Perhaps this plague is Gods way of forcing us all to put aside our hatred and division and reach out to a neigbor. Before it's too late and we suffer an even greater fate.

Old 03-23-2020, 05:11 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I do hope that right about the peak but it’s all uncertain. I’ve read several different predictions and some even think there will a couple different peaks. ...
Yeah, I have seen logical discussion as to why it might back off in the summer months, which would be "a couple different peaks" when it returns next fall. I have seen zero logical explanations supporting the oddball theory that it will "peak in a few weeks" and then fade out. (And just to clarify, absolutely nothing that comes out of China can be considered evidence.)

Old 03-23-2020, 05:24 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yeah, I have seen logical discussion as to why it might back off in the summer months, which would be "a couple different peaks" when it returns next fall. I have seen zero logical explanations supporting the oddball theory that it will "peak in a few weeks" and then fade out. (And just to clarify, absolutely nothing that comes out of China can be considered evidence.)
We have both China and S. Korea as an example.

China I distrust as much as the next guy but I travel there once a year at least so I kinda know about them, and still talk to my coworkers and friends there who are Chinese nationals, it's not like they are all robots there kneeling to the party, they pretty much confirm that the information there is accurate - is seems to have subsided.

We also see the state of Washington, which seemed to be the first hotspot in the US, while it's still growing we are seeing the "curve" of new cases starting to decline.

Old 03-23-2020, 05:50 PM

1,665 posts, read 974,799 times
Hiya, Deano here in La. Just checking in and seeing how my future neighbors are doing. This virus is affecting us. Putting the bank behind on the sell and driving us nuts because we're so ready to get out of here.

We're under a lockdown, state wide. Even our SOPs been changed for the response of medical calls. We can do normal, everyday things though. They're not going to stop us from going riding around though! Lol

Been watching people lose their minds over toilet paper, water and other necessities. I'm glad that I've been a prepper for a long time and my wife finally understands why I always stocked up on those things, including ammo.

The social distancing is not a problem for us. We've been doing it for few years now due to unwanted drama and such. Even at work I usually stay to myself.

Hope you guys are staying safe!

Old 03-24-2020, 06:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Hiya, Deano here in La. Just checking in and seeing how my future neighbors are doing. This virus is affecting us. Putting the bank behind on the sell and driving us nuts because we're so ready to get out of here.

We're under a lockdown, state wide. Even our SOPs been changed for the response of medical calls. We can do normal, everyday things though. They're not going to stop us from going riding around though! Lol

Been watching people lose their minds over toilet paper, water and other necessities. I'm glad that I've been a prepper for a long time and my wife finally understands why I always stocked up on those things, including ammo.

The social distancing is not a problem for us. We've been doing it for few years now due to unwanted drama and such. Even at work I usually stay to myself.

Hope you guys are staying safe!
I hope everyone is doing their part to keep others safe as well as their families and and themselves.
Right now hubby has a horrible cough but it is more like a really bad chest cough. We do not think it is the virus nor does our doctor but we will call her again today and report on how he feels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas