Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 09:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

I know many of you have thought about the next governor of Arkansas, and about Sarah Huckabee Sanders possibly running. But I'm thinking that Leslie Rutledge is planning a run. She is constantly on TV, between press briefings and her commercials telling us all the things the attorney general is doing for the people of the state. I think she is using those commercials and press briefings to get the name recognition she needs, and that she is positioning herself for a run for governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 09:52 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I know many of you have thought about the next governor of Arkansas, and about Sarah Huckabee Sanders possibly running. But I'm thinking that Leslie Rutledge is planning a run. She is constantly on TV, between press briefings and her commercials telling us all the things the attorney general is doing for the people of the state. I think she is using those commercials and press briefings to get the name recognition she needs, and that she is positioning herself for a run for governor.
If Sarah runs.....and all indications point to her doing so..... she wins. Rutledge may even be totally qualified, but with her popularity and family history in that state Sarah will be akin to queen if/when she becomes governor. She's one of the smartest and bravest public figures I can recall and the way she handled the bloodthirsty press along with that ridiculous restaurant situation in Virginia was simply magnificent. I couldn't have any more respect or admiration for her and I really hope to be living in Arkansas by the time that election happens so I can vote for her. With all that's going on in this country right now we need every Sarah Sanders we can get to push back against this destructive, free for all liberalism plowing over our nation.

Sorry, I know you wanted to discuss the AG's potential run, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to stump for Sarah again.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 06-02-2020 at 10:23 AM..

Old 06-02-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
If Sarah runs.....and all indications point to her doing so..... she wins. Rutledge may even be totally qualified, but with her popularity and family history in that state Sarah will be akin to queen if/when she becomes governor. She's one of the smartest and bravest public figures I can recall and the way she handled the bloodthirsty press along with that ridiculous restaurant situation in Virginia was simply magnificent. I couldn't have any more respect or admiration for her and I really hope to be living in Arkansas by the time that election happens so I can vote for her. With all that's going on in this country right now we need every Sarah Sanders we can get to push back against this destructive, free for all liberalism plowing over our nation.

Sorry, I know you wanted to discuss the AG's potential run, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to stump for Sarah again.
Hey, that's totally fine. I know many of you are big fans of Sarah, and I appreciate your input. I just wanted to put it out there about Rutledge. I probably see two or three commercials each night featuring Rutledge, and it just strikes me that she is kind of politicking already. The commercials feature her name very prominently, she always starts the commercials by "I'm Leslie Rutledge..." and I think she is really striving to establish name recognition. I don't think she's running for Senator, so I think her goal is governor.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Hey, that's totally fine. I know many of you are big fans of Sarah, and I appreciate your input. I just wanted to put it out there about Rutledge. I probably see two or three commercials each night featuring Rutledge, and it just strikes me that she is kind of politicking already. The commercials feature her name very prominently, she always starts the commercials by "I'm Leslie Rutledge..." and I think she is really striving to establish name recognition. I don't think she's running for Senator, so I think her goal is governor.
It would be at least a tad awkward if Rutledge did seek the GOP nomination for governor seeing as she served as deputy counsel for Mike Huckabee while he ran the state and also served as his counsel during his Presidential bid. Huckabee, of course, is Sarah's dad, so not too sure Rutledge could count on his endorsement.....which is obviously a critical one for any GOPer in Arkansas.

This is all assuming that Sarah does run, of course......and like I said, there have been way more indications that she will than vice versa. If it turns out she doesn't, then one would assume Rutledge would have an inside track to the Huckabee thumps up based on their previous association.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:42 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
"I know many of you are big fans of Sarah"....I give, other than riding on coattails, what has she done for the state of AR that would garner fans who are willing to make her the governor ? No dog in the hunt, just curious....

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-02-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"I know many of you are big fans of Sarah"....I give, other than riding on coattails, what has she done for the state of AR that would garner fans who are willing to make her the governor ? No dog in the hunt, just curious....

Regards
Gemstone1
I think many people thought she handled the pressure and sometimes outright disrespect and rudeness that was directed at her while being press secretary with grace. I think that, in particular, the way she behaved when that restaurant asked her to leave showed a lot of restraint.

There are many here who really liked Mike Huckabee as governor. I can't say I was fond of him, and in particular I thought his obesity campaign after he lost a lot of weight was overreach, but he certainly appeals to conservatives, and that appeal transfers to his daughter, especially after her stint in the Trump administration. President Trump is popular in Arkansas.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:47 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
I think many people thought she handled the pressure and sometimes outright disrespect and rudeness that was directed at her while being press secretary with grace. I think that, in particular, the way she behaved when that restaurant asked her to leave showed a lot of restraint.

There are many here who really liked Mike Huckabee as governor. I can't say I was fond of him, and in particular I thought his obesity campaign after he lost a lot of weight was overreach, but he certainly appeals to conservatives, and that appeal transfers to his daughter, especially after her stint in the Trump administration. President Trump is popular in Arkansas.
Yeah, I think you hit the nail, pretty much, on the head.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post

Regards
Gemstone1
Sarah's political career has been in campaign management, advisory roles, and of course her stint as Trump's press secretary, so in terms of "what has she done for Arkansas?" I would contend that any run for governor she makes will be built upon what she is capable of and what she will do, rather than anything she's already done. If it's her state political record you're curious about one would look to her extensive contributions in correlation with her dad's gubernatorial terms, as well as her being heavily involved in the elections of both Senators Boozman and Cotton when she successfully executed management and advisory positions with those campaigns. She has been one of Arkansas' foremost Republican consultants and has utilized that experience at both the state and federal level. Sarah is currently a conservative contributor for Fox News and I love to watch her straight forward, pull no punches commentary on there.

Keep in mind this woman is only 37 years old and think about all she's already accomplished. You can't really argue about her not previously holding office because of her youth. She's amassed a ton of legitimate political experience at a very young age. She knows the game and she knows how to play it. Her stances are no secret, but if that doesn't satisfy you then fret not, you'll likely be hearing all you want to hear in correlation with those over the next 2 years. She's completely competent, absolutely fearless and best of all she's a woman of faith. In short, she's a rock star....and I sincerely believe she'll be the next governor of Arkansas. I'm very much looking forward to reading her new book, which comes out in September. It's titled "Speaking For Myself - Faith, Freedom, and the Fight of Our Lives Inside the Trump White House".

Old 06-02-2020, 03:38 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,542 times
Quote:

I like Sarah she’s got grace and decorum and the biggest show of that was when the libs hate roasted her at the Kennedy Center and she just smiled.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:25 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
... her new book, which comes out in September. It's titled "Speaking For Myself - Faith, Freedom, and the Fight of Our Lives Inside the Trump White House".
Thanks for the tip.
Will be looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji7 View Post
I like Sarah she’s got grace and decorum and the biggest show of that was when the libs hate roasted her at the Kennedy Center and she just smiled.
Yeah, I couldn't have had that much "grace and decorum."
I am afraid I would have gone Old Testament on them.

I can't think of anyone I would rather have in the Governor's chair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas