Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,968 times

Advertisements

Hi, we fulltime in our RV and are looking for somewhere to finally settle down and buy our own place. We are looking for a place where we can purchase a property with acreage and have access to good schools. I am a nurse and am looking at positions around the Springdale area. Our daughter in going to be starting high school and I am looking for somewhere with a good band program too as she has been in band for 5 years. Our son will be in 7th grade and he is involved in choir. I have also been looking at the Bentonville & Eureka Springs areas. Any comments would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
If you are looking for work in Springdale, Eureka Springs will be a significant commute. Johnson is close by, but I'm not sure what's available there in terms of acreage. A multi-acre lot in Bentonville is going to be expensive. If it were me and I was planning on working in Springdale, I think I'd include Hindsville or Huntsville in my search. Since 412 has been widened and improved, it's an easier commute. I don't know about the band or choir programs in those schools, but I'm sure they do have programs.

If you are considering working in Eureka Springs, as a tourist community land is pretty expensive there as well. But Berryville nearby is more affordable. Eureka Springs tends to be pretty quiet in the winter, many of the stores close from October to March, and if there are any ice storms the roads become pretty treacherous. When the tourists do flock to town, traffic on the main roads is a nightmare.

If you choose to work in Bentonville, you might want to consider purchasing property in Missouri. Pineville or Anderson are 15-20 minutes away by interstate, multi-acre properties are more available and much cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas