Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2020, 04:48 PM

5 posts, read 3,621 times

Advertisements

Hi We are relocating to Bentonville this year as we loved on recent trip. The trails, beauty, small town feel and cost of living are appealing. Honestly looking to simplify life. Less stress and more quality family time outdoors. I’d appreciate any input on neighborhoods and schools. We have a son going into third grade and he currently attends a school that is one of top in TX. Looking at the ratings of Bentonville schools they aren’t really comparable but still hopeful. Definitely feeling torn on leaving current school He is in GT so any info on how they do GT in school would be great. His current school has designated GT teacher, he goes there a few times a week and work is more challenging. School also groups classes by student performance. Basically 2 of 4 classes will have the GT kids in it along with those who aren’t. Do they group as well in Bentonville? There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of private schools so limits options. The new private school that was built doesn’t start until 6th grade and need to know more if we consider down the road. Also any neighborhood/location suggestions? Some houses seem to not be in actual neighborhoods, more on their own. We drove through Avignon and Talamore when we were in town and liked them both but local feedback would be helpful. Price Point we want to stay around 1M. Of course saving more money works too so would go down to 700k. Definitely want a nice backyard with privacy and house needs to be at least 5k sq ft. The houses seem to be in need of updating/brightening so imagine we’ll have to redo baths and kitchens. Will take suggestions on remodelers as well Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX to AR View Post
Hi We are relocating to Bentonville this year as we loved on recent trip. The trails, beauty, small town feel and cost of living are appealing. Honestly looking to simplify life. Less stress and more quality family time outdoors. I’d appreciate any input on neighborhoods and schools. We have a son going into third grade and he currently attends a school that is one of top in TX. Looking at the ratings of Bentonville schools they aren’t really comparable but still hopeful. Definitely feeling torn on leaving current school He is in GT so any info on how they do GT in school would be great. His current school has designated GT teacher, he goes there a few times a week and work is more challenging. School also groups classes by student performance. Basically 2 of 4 classes will have the GT kids in it along with those who aren’t. Do they group as well in Bentonville? There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of private schools so limits options. The new private school that was built doesn’t start until 6th grade and need to know more if we consider down the road. Also any neighborhood/location suggestions? Some houses seem to not be in actual neighborhoods, more on their own. We drove through Avignon and Talamore when we were in town and liked them both but local feedback would be helpful. Price Point we want to stay around 1M. Of course saving more money works too so would go down to 700k. Definitely want a nice backyard with privacy and house needs to be at least 5k sq ft. The houses seem to be in need of updating/brightening so imagine we’ll have to redo baths and kitchens. Will take suggestions on remodelers as well Thanks in advance!
The biggest challenge may be the 5000sq but it is workable. As for the schools I can not advise but I do know of one area that might fit your needs to a tee. Give a look at Hanover Park which is no Bentonville. The homes are well kept, large and very popular neighborhood. Of course most are owned by upper management type of families. Our granddaughter lives there. They have have about 4000sq feet, all on one level.

BTW:I would post this on the NWA tread as well. You may get a better response.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:33 AM

Great thank you. In a perfect world our home would be one level

Old 08-10-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Great thank you. In a perfect world our home would be one level
Do check into Hanover subdivision in Bentonville and give a check to Centerton. I know how much our granddaughter and hubby spent on their home 7 years ago and property values have shot way up, but they have a double lot and a truly awesome home even though it isn't quite as large as you would like.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:40 PM

33 posts, read 19,916 times
Don't rule out Little Rock. The capital has larger divisions and suburbs containing the types of homes you describe

Old 08-10-2020, 10:44 PM

The primary lure of the move is the mountain biking so wanting to stay near Bentonville. Friendliness, cost of living and scenery just sealed the deal

Old 08-10-2020, 10:51 PM

33 posts, read 19,916 times
Yes mt biking is nice. I am mbiker also. Where I live, the city pushes too much attention on outdoor recreation, to the point that roads conditions are garbage. Do not discount a non-receptive city council, for the lure of the great outdoors. You have been warned

Old 08-11-2020, 05:10 AM

Quote:
The primary lure of the move is the mountain biking so wanting to stay near Bentonville. Friendliness, cost of living and scenery just sealed the deal
Certainly NWA seems like a very good fit for you. Whether is Bentonville or one of the others wonderful cities.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:15 AM

What city are you warning me of in regards to bad roads?

Old 08-11-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
What city are you warning me of in regards to bad roads?
I could be wrong but I think he lives somewhere near Praire Grove. Of course the smaller towns may not hav great roads but you are not going to spend time driving up and down the roads all day and all night. At least that is how I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas