Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 07:17 AM

10 posts, read 21,406 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking about moving to Arkansas in a few years. We are thinking either Russellville, Van Buren or Siloam Springs. What is the crime like in these cities? Is there a lot of scenery/trees? We have been to Arkansas before and like it but haven't visited these cities yet. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 08:06 PM

1,349 posts, read 2,109,093 times
Siloam is probably the nicest/newest feeling of the three.

Russellville is the largest. It has the Arkansas Tech University campus. Big river and lake culture there.

Van Buren has a historic downtown and is close to Ft Smith.

Old 05-25-2021, 02:03 PM

8,600 posts, read 4,428,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjovi199 View Post
My husband and I are thinking about moving to Arkansas in a few years. We are thinking either Russellville, Van Buren or Siloam Springs. What is the crime like in these cities? Is there a lot of scenery/trees? We have been to Arkansas before and like it but haven't visited these cities yet. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.
I don't think you will have a problem with crime in these cities. Doesn't mean it isn't there, just no more than any other small city.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:18 PM

4,961 posts, read 5,210,665 times
Scenic will depend on specifically where you buy. All three cities have very scenic and treed and probably hills around them. I would consider living in all three areas if I were to move there. These are all in what I consider some of the nicer areas of Arkansas in terms of places to live. You have access to shopping, colleges, and the great outdoors all within a short distance. If you want in-town living, you can find that. If you want something a bit more secluded, that is nearby too.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:13 AM

4,528 posts, read 6,215,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjovi199 View Post
As a newer poster, perhaps you are unaware of the demographic information of cities/towns available within the City-Data site. Click here for Siloam Springs.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 05-28-2021, 09:47 AM

17,619 posts, read 13,433,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Siloam is probably the nicest/newest feeling of the three.

Russellville is the largest. It has the Arkansas Tech University campus. Big river and lake culture there.

Van Buren has a historic downtown and is close to Ft Smith.
This is a good assessment. Siloam is probably the least scenic relative to the surrounding area although it is still a pretty area. Siloam has great access to NW Arkansas, Ft. Smith and Tulsa. Beautiful Boston mountains to the south and some of the nicer lakes in Oklahoma just to the west.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:14 PM

7 posts, read 6,437 times
In Benton County, Siloam is just to the west of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. It's a member of the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission (NWARPC), the region’s “Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) under U.S. DOT regulations for transportation planning purposes."

"Located in a region that's experiencing drastic growth, Fayetteville – together with Bentonville, Rogers and Springdale – has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. The area known as Northwest Arkansas is the birthplace of Walmart, the headquarters of Tyson Foods and the home of the University of Arkansas, the flagship campus of the U of A system." https://realestate.usnews.com/places...s/fayetteville

The Arkansas Economic Development Institute (AEDI) in 2019 projected that by 2045 Benton County will reach a population of 545,893 people (in 2020, it was 284,333) with 428,382 in neighboring Washington County for a total of 974,275.

Siloam has grown 44% from 2010 to 2014.

My interest in that area is because our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter moved to near Gravette just last month from Huntington Beach, California, where they had lived for a year after moving from Wisconsin.

I live near Russellville. It grew 20.7% from 2010 to 2014. We moved here, in part, because of the scenery and trees. We live on a ridge 400 feet higher in elevation that Russellville.

Van Buren grew 20.9% from 2010 to 2014.

Crime rate by city: Arkansas Crime Index City Rank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas