Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 09:22 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by towneee3 View Post
the only one living in paranoia is you. You think a complete stranger like myself is somehow affecting your health. You want to control where i live and my own personal health decisions. You are irritated that i don't want to get vaccinated. You are obviously irked that i want to move to a "super spreader" state. Who even uses that phrase? Really? Super spreader? I bet you say "new normal". Just hearing the lingo hurts my brain. You use all the hot and in phrases!! It reminds me of my diversity meetings at work. All the buzz words!! I don't live my life paranoid. I live in reality. You should check it out sometime. It's filled with people double masking, sometimes wearing protective eye wear, telling you to stand 6 feet away. And with employers sending emails threatening to fire you if you're not jabbed. Wives telling their husbands to sleep in the basement if they are going to continue working and expose the family to covid. Little kindergartners going to school, being tested by their teachers, forced to wear a mask all day and not being allowed to play with each other. People biking and walking outside on a hot summer day with a mask on or in their car alone with a mask on. Employees taking test after test hoping it turns up positive and eventually it will (because the tests aren't accurate) and guess what they get 5 days vacation! People relying on a television doctor and money making pharmaceutical companies instead of god almighty. And all of this is because you are afraid of getting sick. I've got news for you. There is probably a much higher chance you'll die of cancer (oh and what an awful way to die) or heart disease. Wake up!!! You are asleep! This last part is especially scary, so stop reading if you can't handle it, cause it's the truth. Covid will never go away. It spreads like the common cold. No matter what you do, how many times you get boosted, you will never ever stop it. Even if the whole entire world got vaccinated, you and i and the whole world would still get covid. You are a warrior fighting a battle that's already been lost.
truth!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 09:27 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I agree 100000% with Roadwarrior.

I will also add the OP sounds hysterical like alot of wildly over dramatic conserves do so I just ignore that .. but not only do I agree with Roadwarrior also think everyone who declines the vaccine should also sign a wavier of treatment at the hospitals. If you can make it at home then fine .
The medical staffs ( including my covid unit nurse son ) are being worked to death due to all you "free thinkers" .
I don't care what you do , I care that you make others sick/die without a thought to anyone but yourselves. I actually have thought that all WILLINGLY non vaxxed folks should be gathered in several designated states.
The only reason that hospital staff are being worked to death is that the hospital forces vaccine mandates on their employees, or the employees will lose their jobs. So the workers, knowing what the vaccines do to people, quit. So being short handed is the hospital's own damn fault. All for something with an over 99% survival rate, smh.

Last edited by mlulu23; 01-14-2022 at 09:56 PM..

Old 01-15-2022, 12:29 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
You are asking for a lot for $200k. If I moved to Arkansas it would be the Eureka Springs area, but I suspect the Fort Smith area is a better value.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:40 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
When it comes to supporting documentation, you know how to pick it!
Since I am in a generous mood, I'll award you half a point.
Vaccinated people are only about 90% as infectious as Unvaccinated.
And that was pre-Omicron.

Frankly I take anything from these studies with a grain of salt, since most of them are self serving, and many of them (like the ones that, supposedly, proved HC didn't work) were never actually done.

We were lied to, about how well the vaccine worked, last winter. Sadly, I believed that lie (for a few months), and for a few months I published a metric on how well we were doing, by vaccinating everyone. Now I know I based my analysis on a lie, promoted by the Leftists and big pharma.

(I am referring to my herd immunity formula.)

From your link:
Quote:
It found there were no differences in peak viral loads between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. It also showed only a small decrease in the number of infections in household members between vaccinated and unvaccinated people, suggesting a similar level of infectiousness.

Another unpublished pre-print, which is yet to be reviewed by other scientists, suggests a similar trend in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people, as does a CDC report in the US from July which analysed outbreak data from Massachusetts.

The Massachusetts data came from a number of large public events over a two-week period in July in Barnstable County, Massachusetts. From 469 COVID cases, 346 (74%) occurred in fully vaccinated people. Viral load was similar in both vaccinated and non-vaccinated groups.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I agree 100000% with Roadwarrior.
Still don't understand math, i see.

Quote:
I will also add the OP sounds hysterical like alot of wildly over dramatic conserves do so I just ignore that ...
And making personal attacks.

I will just say you seem to belong where you are.
(And that isn't in AR.)

Old 01-15-2022, 06:50 AM

15 posts, read 21,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
The only reason that hospital staff are being worked to death is that the hospital forces vaccine mandates on their employees, or the employees will lose their jobs. So the workers, knowing what the vaccines do to people, quit. So being short handed is the hospital's own damn fault. All for something with an over 99% survival rate, smh.

That's exactly right. They have fired thousands of health care workers because they won't get vaccinated. The same healthcare workers that worked through the beginning of the pandemic- this is the thanks they get. The news reports that the hospitals are being worked to death because of Covid but this is a lie- it's because they fired everyone due to the mandates.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I live in the north AR, surrounded by the beautiful Ozarks, clear running streams, rock formations, waterfalls, abundant wildlife, friendly down home people who enjoy being self sufficient, people who love liberty, I live where violent crime is nearly non-existent, where I always feel safe, in a clean area. I am also glad you don't want to move here.

It sounds absolutely amazing!

Old 01-15-2022, 07:23 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
You are asking for a lot for $200k. If I moved to Arkansas it would be the Eureka Springs area, but I suspect the Fort Smith area is a better value.
This got me curious.
Disclaimer:not trying to be contrary.
I grew up in Arkansas and had a hard time believing you couldn't still get a house on land for less than 200k since it's one of the absolute cheapest states out there.

I searched on Realtor and found 225 homes across the state that are a minimum of 3 bedrooms and a minimum of 2 acres all under 200k.
I don't know what the OP is looking for exactly (didn't meticulously read the whole thread), but that's a start.
Looking at the map view, most of these homes are evenly spread throughout the Ozarks, Ouachitas, and also the southern parts of the state which is forested and mostly flat with some small rolling hills.
Not a lot in the eastern Delta part of the state which is largely farmland, but there were a few options there as well.

For crime, avoid Pine Bluff, places along the Mississippi River, Hot Springs, parts of Little Rock and there are others... check crime states on the data portion of City-Data for more specific info.
Arkansas is a typical southern state with all the typical issues, so it's going to be a lot different than New England. That being said, even I might prefer the south to most of New England so that's not a knock coming from me, just a heads up. People make those kinds of moves all the time and do just fine.

For schools, again, it's a southern state, just do your research for specific areas.
My theory is that most districts can do their part and the rest is up to good parenting.
Like any other place I'm familiar with, technical colleges are everywhere and easily accessible for the most part.

Oh yeah, 'edge of cliff' type of drives aren't something you'll run into unless you just happen to by a house in such an area. The Ozarks have a few places like that but keep in mind the highest point in Arkansas is 2700 feet compared to 3400 in Massachusetts, and of course doesn't come close to the stuff you see in places like New Hampshire.
The Ouachitas are generally more navigable than the Ozarks. The latter tends to have some really squirrelly back roads that I'm not a fan of.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
This got me curious.
Disclaimer:not trying to be contrary.
I grew up in Arkansas and had a hard time believing you couldn't still get a house on land for less than 200k since it's one of the absolute cheapest states out there.

I searched on Realtor and found 225 homes across the state that are a minimum of 3 bedrooms and a minimum of 2 acres all under 200k.
I don't know what the OP is looking for exactly (didn't meticulously read the whole thread), but that's a start.
Looking at the map view, most of these homes are evenly spread throughout the Ozarks, Ouachitas, and also the southern parts of the state which is forested and mostly flat with some small rolling hills.
Not a lot in the eastern Delta part of the state which is largely farmland, but there were a few options there as well.

For crime, avoid Pine Bluff, places along the Mississippi River, Hot Springs, parts of Little Rock and there are others... check crime states on the data portion of City-Data for more specific info.
Arkansas is a typical southern state with all the typical issues, so it's going to be a lot different than New England. That being said, even I might prefer the south to most of New England so that's not a knock coming from me, just a heads up. People make those kinds of moves all the time and do just fine.

For schools, again, it's a southern state, just do your research for specific areas.
My theory is that most districts can do their part and the rest is up to good parenting.
Like any other place I'm familiar with, technical colleges are everywhere and easily accessible for the most part.

Oh yeah, 'edge of cliff' type of drives aren't something you'll run into unless you just happen to by a house in such an area. The Ozarks have a few places like that but keep in mind the highest point in Arkansas is 2700 feet compared to 3400 in Massachusetts, and of course doesn't come close to the stuff you see in places like New Hampshire.
The Ouachitas are generally more navigable than the Ozarks. The latter tends to have some really squirrelly back roads that I'm not a fan of.

This is perfect and helps a lot! Thank you! Exactly what I need as far as information

Old 01-15-2022, 11:28 AM

Well, "sub" and I have had our differences in the past (mostly over "how good is good") but he nailed it here.

Realtor and City-Data (the other side, away from the forums) are wonderful resources that many overlook.

Plus, there is one called United States Zip Codes (I think it is one of the ones I can't post a link to, because they compete with City Data). It is a .org address. You can put in a zip code you are looking at and get info about that zip code, and there is a map that shows nearby zip codes. Type a neighboring zip code into the search bar and you can get for that zip code too.

There is a lot of overlap in the data between the sites, but I think each of them has at least some data the other's don't.

Also, you mentioned mountain and cliff side roads. I was a bit worried, but as "sub" pointed out, the mountains in the Appalachians are about three times the size of these, and depending on what you consider a "cliff" there aren't too many that are actually on a cliffside. Mostly some steep slopes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas