U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 12:27 PM

60 posts, read 167,154 times

Advertisements

Can someone add more information to what I know about the trolleys in Eureka Springs. Are they good for getting around town? Are they good for the elderly who might be slow getting up and down into them or do you have to kind of jump on them while they are moving? Do they go way out into the surrounding area and you can jump on them there?

Can anyone add to what I have read on the board about Eureka Springs, insofar as nearby affordable areas and what the locals do for work when the tourist season closes?

Is there a community college thereabouts?

Many many thanks. Still trying to find that elusive place to relocate with one retiree and one still working. Go Hogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM

2,370 posts, read 6,857,220 times
The best source of info on the trolley system would be straight from the horse's mouth: Eureka Springs Trolley - Transit System. They have an email on there for info concerning the trolley system as well as route maps and stops.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a community college in Carroll County. I did a quick web search and couldn't find one. The nearest ones would be Rogers and Harrison.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:11 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,546,664 times
The 'trolleys' are not really trolleys at all; they are buses that look like trolleys. They come to a complete stop to load/unload, and the drivers are typically very nice and helpful. The trolley loop is cool and useful, but there can be quite a bit of walking involved. For example, if you ride to Thorncrown Chapel, the trolley loads/unloads on the far end of the parking lot; if you have a hard time walking, you might have a hard time getting from the trolley stop to the chapel. Same for some other stops.

Best wishes.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:23 PM

60 posts, read 167,154 times
I'm losing it. It took me a long time to remember what my username was, and there it was right there in front of me. Long day, too hot here.

THANK YOU both for the info on the "trolleys." I thought they were actual trolleys, I guess I pictured something like the old Tiger Tram I used to ride long long ago, kind of a Disney-type contraption. It's good to know they come to a stop to get on and off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas