U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 09:21 AM

2,681 posts, read 4,236,294 times

Advertisements

Any school situation is largely what the student makes of it. If a student is driven to succeed they almost always will, regardless of what school or district they happen to be in.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 09:39 AM

195 posts, read 37,361 times
Nearly the whole State is part of a national or State forest. That helps keep people far apart too. Still somewhat backwards for me though.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:54 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's nearly always a new member.

What are the requirements to become a Blue Ribbon school? Is the school being compared to other schools in the region, state, or nation?

Many years ago, I took first place in the baking competition at the county fair. While that was great fun--and I won $100!--I realized that I was the big fish for a day in a small pond. It wasn't the state fair or the Pillsbury Bake-Off.
I am not sure the criteria but it is the highest level a school can achieve and it is nationally, not based solely on local or state competition. I do not remember the number of school that are named Blue ribbon schools but I believe it is something like 2% or maybe a little lower. It is not like an award we many have won in school or something like that.

I know I could say the same about cooking competition when I was a kid and even more recently when it comes to canning. I am lucky to often reach Blue Ribbon level, but on a national basis I would barely reach any level Being a blue ribbon school is something for any school to take pride in

Old 10-05-2018, 10:57 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
Nearly the whole State is part of a national or State forest. That helps keep people far apart too. Still somewhat backwards for me though.
no one is talking about the whole state. Everyone knows there are parts of AR that are far behind, just like most rural states. I am simply referring to one section of AR that can hold its own against any state in the union.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:28 AM

2,109 posts, read 623,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
According to US News, ....
Consider the source.
Tells me all I need to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
...: the post is over 10 years old. It always amazes me when someone, for what ever reason digs up these long gone posts. ...
I smell canned pork shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
no one is talking about the whole state. Everyone knows there are parts of AR that are far behind, just like most rural states. I am simply referring to one section of AR that can hold its own against any state in the union.
I like pretty much the whole NorthWest third of the state.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:28 AM

10,518 posts, read 11,623,635 times
The friendliest people I have ever run across are in Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or