U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,746 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familar with the area in Hot Springs Natl Park? Secifically in the area of Bower St. Thinking of moving to Hot Springs and any info. of area is appreciated. Is there a "night life" or places that offer live music? Musician on the side, but primary goal is to relocate there. Thanks and cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,722,182 times
A lot of "night life" is going to be half a mile down the road from there. The Arlington is an neat gangster era hotel with a bar and weekend big band. Belli Arti(sp?) is one of two (I believe) Italian restaurants downtown. Brauhaus is an awesome below ground German restaurant and bar with entertainment a lot of nights. The French Quarter is a block down from Brauhaus if you like gentlemen clubs. A place called The Exchange is just off Center Ave. and they used to have live music, but last time I went by there it looked like they had closed. There is a club heading out west toward Royal called Club 2720 I -think- that is the name...another strip club called Centerfolds over by Magic Springs Amusement Park.

I'm probably forgetting quite a few places downtown, but those are my favorite and the ones I can remember.

Last edited by J Arp; 07-08-2008 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: More stuff

Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM

485 posts, read 1,035,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fright View Post
Is anyone familar with the area in Hot Springs Natl Park? Secifically in the area of Bower St. Thinking of moving to Hot Springs and any info. of area is appreciated. Is there a "night life" or places that offer live music? Musician on the side, but primary goal is to relocate there. Thanks and cheers!

After doing a mapquest on the street I see that you will most likely be in a not so desirable area of "downtown" if you do pick something on Bower street or many of those around it. There are parts of downtown that have a few nice house, but most of that area has become the slums, sadly so as it is a historical part of Hot Springs. As far as night life, you can find plenty of that in Hot Springs if you so desire. Besides those mentioned in the dowtown area, you can find plenty off central and on the lake. The clubs aren't hard to find and many have live entertainment. There are too many in my opinion, but then again I don't do the "party" thing! Hope this helps!

Old 07-12-2008, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,850 times
Bower street is not that great of a place to be, especially after dark..I would stay away from the downtown or park area

Old 07-16-2008, 05:52 PM

26 posts, read 87,062 times
Default So this is considered "down town" or park area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Ray View Post
Bower street is not that great of a place to be, especially after dark..I would stay away from the downtown or park area
Is this entire area considered "slum" or not so good? I wondered why the real estate prices were so low.

I am also told that the area west of Central around Greenwood cemetary is "not so good".

I'm becoming discouraged. If one wanted to live in the city rather than the suburbs, where would you advise then? Could you please give some street names for reference on a map?

Thanks!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiskent View Post
Is this entire area considered "slum" or not so good? I wondered why the real estate prices were so low.

I am also told that the area west of Central around Greenwood cemetary is "not so good".

I'm becoming discouraged. If one wanted to live in the city rather than the suburbs, where would you advise then? Could you please give some street names for reference on a map?

Thanks!
It's hard to say in Hot Springs...in most cases there are streets to stay away from like most anything that is off of Park AVe. And anything that lists that is close to Oaklawn. Now I say that and there are some "good" homes near Oaklawn, but most are not. Without googling a map of Hot Springs and looking at where certain streets are, I wouldn't be able to tell you... I have lived here so long that I "just know" which parts are good or bad. And most of the time you can make your own judgment on that just by driving down that street. Never buy or rent anything without chekcing out the neighborhood firsthand, because what's good to someone else may not be good to you!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:45 AM

3 posts, read 5,594 times
Default Hot Springs AR

It is such a great place! I grew up there, and visit once in awhile. Lucky's Bar is a good place for music and a mixture. There are some places that are a no-go but it is a nice place all in all! I hope you enjoy it!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 PM

26 posts, read 87,062 times
Default Trivista West ??

400 block of Trivista? How is that area? Thanks for helping.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:46 PM

123 posts, read 229,318 times
I've heard that Hot Springs is really growing.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiskent View Post
400 block of Trivista? How is that area? Thanks for helping.
A safe rule of thumb would be to mapquest the street you are looking at and if it is close to Oaklawn Race Track or right off of Central, you may want to think twice! BUT...always remember to check these places out in person! You can tell so much by doing "drive by's". Most of the time you can tell if a neighborhood is safe just by driving through. Trivista is close to Oaklawn and I would think not in a great area, but if the price is good enough to warrant a drive, then by all means check it out. I would not buy anything there, but that is my own opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas