Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 PM

5 posts, read 19,067 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I know this guy from Warren, Arkansas and he has such a strong accent, not that there is nothing wrong with it but it is very strong and kinda weird, I can barely understand him. I mean how come some southern accents are ok to understand and some are kind of hard? Also, can someone give me some information about "southern people" like I mean I'm from Wisconsin and I don't know to much about how people are in Arkansas, I mean are they nice? Are they funny? Lol, just give me as much info as possible and if anyone knows about southerners. Thanx for all your help! Take care!

Last edited by Marka; 01-23-2007 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: with author's agreement

Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 PM

5 posts, read 19,067 times
Question Bump*

I had to bump this post because it was being edited for a bit, lol.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 AM

113 posts, read 570,724 times
well, Warren is in South Arkansas and Southern Arkansans do have more of a draw than the rest of the state. I can tell when a person is from S. Arkansas just by listening to their voice.

I've never been to Wisconsin, but I imagine Arkansans are pretty similar to the people you're used to in Winsonsin. I can't imagine there being that much of a difference in people's personalities. Southerners are thought by many to be hospitable, curtious, and neighborly.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
jcj

22 posts, read 88,213 times
ok so im from south arkansas and i can say this much. The people down here are very friendly. Because of the smaller towns around here, there is more clicks then bigger towns. For some it can be harder to adjust to little town living. But all in all south arkansas is a good place to be.

p.s. once your around the accents you eventually get used to it.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:43 AM

33 posts, read 134,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcj View Post
ok so im from south arkansas and i can say this much. The people down here are very friendly. Because of the smaller towns around here, there is more clicks then bigger towns. For some it can be harder to adjust to little town living. But all in all south arkansas is a good place to be.

p.s. once your around the accents you eventually get used to it.
Hmmmmmm, South Arkansas sucks. Have you ever seen the movie Beverly Hillbillies. Well, that's what everyone that's not from here thinks about us. For the most part it's not true. But that still doesn't help the fact that there's nothing here, unless you were brought up in the woods, then you'll love it here. Lot's of fishing and hunting, things to do that don't cost money. Why? because no one has any job and those are the kinda of things you do when you're broke, poor, and don't care.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM

21 posts, read 52,455 times
Default Warren AR

I was in Southern Arkansas in 2007 and 2008. I am from NY and people where curtious, graceous, and friendly. I could walk up to strangers and ask them about the area and they were always happy to answer any questions that I had. You could never do that here in NY. We are relocating to Warren and are counting down the days when we can say GOOD BYE NY, HELLO ARKANSAS. Looking for some southern values and less emphasis on what car you drive, house you own, and where you buy your clothes!!! As for the southern draw, well it just takes time to get use too. To them, we are the ones with the accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas